Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over pricing on eBAY

Over pricing on eBAY
this is the listing

"Patrick Roy Card Only 25 Exist! /2000 Upperdeck -GC RF"
item number- 270807008426

I was on ebay and just looking around for single cards of interest, Patrick Roy usually a safe bet, some good memorabilia cards out there. I have message the individual selling it for 890$. Nice card yes, 15/25, he beleives it to be the holy grail of hockey cards. Am I reading the beckett X$ book value wrong? I tried to tell him that he was not even in the right ballpark with the price to which i got basically told off. I know that asking price is up to the seller, other than $8,888,888 for an OVI card that was posted on a cheap day just to showcase to the world what he just pulled out of a pack, nice way to show it off, i agree, but this guy was serious.

Mod edit: Please don't post book values on the forums

RE: Over pricing on eBAY
when a product like this comes out... a lot of prices are crazy high

give it some time and you will get cards at normal prices
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Its not a new product though, it is 1999-2000 MVP

Some people think they have a more valuable card than they actually do and/or the are looking for someone stupid enough to overpay for it. Once he realizes that no one will touch his asking price then he'll have to lower it. Patience would be the best advice I guess.
Collecting:

Claude Giroux, Sidney Crosby, Eric Tangradi, Flyers

Also collecting cards and memorabilia of Taylor Swift

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/NickTheKid87/

Twitter: @NickTheKid87

agree, make an offer of a reasonable price offer and see what happens...

but anytime i see stuff like this, i think of 2 things, person thinks its worth gold or they just seeing offers

(09-01-2011, 11:28 AM)armysgt2006 Wrote: Its not a new product though, it is 1999-2000 MVP
I think it is worth over $100, but not close to a grand. It is a rare card though.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

I could see the 100 bucks, i was just shocked at the reply i got about how i'll never find another one in my lifetime.

(09-01-2011, 11:49 AM)armysgt2006 Wrote: I could see the 100 bucks, i was just shocked at the reply i got about how i'll never find another one in my lifetime.
did he really say that to you?

Oh ya, he said it. I was beside myself, actually speechless.

(09-01-2011, 12:15 PM)armysgt2006 Wrote: Oh ya, he said it. I was beside myself, actually speechless.
I would forward it to ebay... and also call them too about it...