`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Realllly CJ???

RE: Realllly CJ???
(08-31-2011, 07:45 PM)rushspencer Wrote: I go to my boss to demand a raise, I'd probably get fired...Just sayin'.
I agree!!!Wink
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(08-31-2011, 07:24 PM)ejnfl24 Wrote: It actually isn't stupid. It happens all the time in sports. The only thing I disagree with CJ here is the amount he's wanting.
dude if i hire you to do something for me for $5000, like pave my driveway... ....we sign a contract... 1 week later you come to me saying i need more $$ this is taking too long... what am i going to say? F_ck off or i sue you and get someone else...Period..
IT IS STUPID....
no different in sports...STUPID....mabye they should'nt sign the 1 mill contract like a ROOKIE WOULD....Dumb rookie
Wink
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(08-31-2011, 08:41 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: dude if i hire you to do something for me for $5000, like pave my driveway... ....we sign a contract... 1 week later you come to me saying i need more $$ this is taking too long... what am i going to say? F_ck off or i sue you and get someone else...Period..
IT IS STUPID....
no different in sports...STUPID....mabye they should'nt sign the 1 mill contract like a ROOKIE WOULD....Dumb rookie
Wink
I agree. But it happens all the time in sports. It's par for the course. The only thing I think that's dumb in this case in the amount of money he's asking for. I think that's where the Titans are at too. I think they're willing to re-up his contract, just not make him a top paid "Playmaker" in the league with the likes of Manning and company.

Don't blame the players... The owners are ALL idiots... And then us the fans for paying the outrageous prices...Sad
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(08-31-2011, 07:16 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: than WTF did he SIGN a contract for his rookie year... he aint worth 10 mil. UNTIL he fulfills his EXISTING contract.....i could care less if it is 1 day or 10 years....
when i sign a contract i have to FINISH it....PERIOD...i CANT ask for more $$$$$$$$$ for a foundation AFTER I START...STUPID and NO common sense there.......
Smile
they are all freeking STUPID for signing SO CHEEP the last go around,
SIMPLE...
Smile
rookies are STUPID. that is a fact there....AND,he should have had more incentives in his rookie contract and he might be NOT whining...
That is the sense of entitlement kids (meaning anybody under 26, according to Obamanomics) have these days.
Lincecum is earning less that a million a year, but is a perennial CY Young contender. He's playing out HIS contract.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]

Oh my goodness, this topic really has brought forth some opinions. Most of us are agreed that the rookie pay scale was needed, right? That scale was needed because they are unproven players, correct? CJ has proven himself and deserves a raise. IT IS THAT SIMPLE! In my opinion, I think the only thing that needs discussing is the ridiculous amount that he wants, which would be on topic in this thread.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(08-31-2011, 09:17 PM)wavytiger1975 Wrote: Oh my goodness, this topic really has brought forth some opinions. Most of us are agreed that the rookie pay scale was needed, right? That scale was needed because they are unproven players, correct? CJ has proven himself and deserves a raise. IT IS THAT SIMPLE! In my opinion, I think the only thing that needs discussing is the ridiculous amount that he wants, which would be on topic in this thread.
the $ is moot...a dollar or a gazillion... he finishes the contract he gets the $.
Wink
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I really dont think CJ wants to be in tennessee anymore, i mean come on, who is gonna turn down 10 mil a year and 35 mil gtd? Gotta be more then they are letting on. If i was the titans admin, i would be seething right now because something is clearly holding CJ back and it aint just money.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(08-31-2011, 09:23 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: the $ is moot...a dollar or a gazillion... he finishes the contract he gets the $.
Wink
Well, I guess the whole thread should be taken down since that was the OP's topic. Maybe we can derail some other topics while we are at it.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(08-31-2011, 09:23 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: the $ is moot...a dollar or a gazillion... he finishes the contract he gets the $.
Wink
Too bad that's not how it works in professional sports. Other professions, sure. But players restructure, extend, and sign new deals all the time. Holdouts are commonplace for players in pro sports. It happens on a yearly basis, with several players.