`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contemplating making a major pc decision

Contemplating making a major pc decision
Well, there is a lot going on in my pc right now and I am looking for a few opinions as I approach a major decision. I am really enjoying working on my pre 1997 Lemieux collection and have a chance to pick up some difficult cards to find (when will I ever get another chance to pick up the 96-97 Score Golden Blades Winner Punched card?).

Anyway, I have several sets almost complete that I need to finish. Also, I would love to add and Ovi Auto and auto's of a couple other players to my collection...... well, I debating opening up some of my Lemieux collection for trade to try and finish this stuff off.

I received my Syllabuses today and have a full fall ahead of me between working full-time and part-time schooling and I really think it would be great to get these sets out of the way and focus on building my lemieux collection.

What are your thoughts? All thoughts and opinions welcome.

RE: Contemplating making a major pc decision
I rarely part with cards out of my PC in order to add others to my PC. (seems like a waste of time and effort) The only time I did that was to help out Eric (Wolfie3300) with his "red, white and blue" project.

I say keep the pc cards for now, try to nail out the sets slowly and surely

just wondering what sets are you trying to finish?
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

WWLD? (what Would Lemieux Do)

Lemieux for Ovi ....... NO WAY!!!!! DEFINATE DOWNGRADE!!!
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

As much as I would love to tell you "Ahhh, the heck with it, open up the PC and finish your sets!!!" it wouldn't be an honest answer.

I wouldn't want to trade any of my main PC stuff to get secondary PC stuff, the closer you hold it to your heart, the worst you miss it.

If nothing else will do, I would say work out a way to make one trade to get a card specifically for making the deal in question. See if someone's got a nice Lemieux that you've already got, and work a way to get the extra so you're not chipping away at your own PC. With all the Pens fanatics on here, I'm sure someone has a card or two that will do the trick, and I'm sure in the long run you'd rather hold on to your copy, you know? Just my honest 2 cents.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

Definitely, Lemieux is my main pc but I have been working on some of the yg's sets and I guess I am anxious to get some of the ones I am am almost done out of the way. I guess a small part of me thinks I might be better off in the long run to finish some of this stuff off and then I can turn my full attention back to my Lemieux stuff.

Still debating the idea..... we will see. Probably once I arrive back home tommorrow from vacation to my all my Mario packages I will slap myself for even thinking about moving some of them.

(08-26-2011, 08:28 PM)runfromabear Wrote: Still debating the idea..... we will see. Probably once I arrive back home tommorrow from vacation to my all my Mario packages I will slap myself for even thinking about moving some of them.
wait to you see the packages...
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

school? Who needs school. Focus on the cards man.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

My first reaction: if you have any borderline Lemieux cards that are in your PC only because they say "Mario Lemieux" and because they're expensive, but you don't really enjoy them so much otherwise, why not move them for something you really enjoy looking at or cards you'd use to kill "almost-there" sets.
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Well here is my 2 dimes. YG are easy to find, you can find every single YG on eBay. So I wouldn't move other PC to get obtainable stuff easily. I have 3 major, 3 semi major, and 3 minor PCs. But if a Tatar 1/1 hit eBay, I would move an Enstrom or two that I can easily get back. So let's say you have a common Lemieux auto /50. Then move that to finish your sets, and then you can easily get it back. If you are going to remove a card from a PC to another PC, pick a high value but easier to find card. Don't move 100 lowend cards at a buck a piece.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]