Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fake George Bush Auto? - 2008 Donruss Threads
Question 
Fake George Bush Auto? - 2008 Donruss Threads
Just curious if I have a fake George Bush auto.

It is a 2008 Donruss Threads #33 George Bush (the one in the Yale jersey). The part that confuses me is that it is #'d to 250, and I can't find it in the database - only the parallel (non auto/gu) #'d to 250.

I guess I'm just wondering if somebody just stuck a sticker on the parallel version.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated!

RE: Fake George Bush Auto? - 2008 Donruss Threads
I have an older Aubrey Huff auto card from Donruss that is /1000, but the Beckett has the autos out of 100 and the regular non-auto as 1,000- There were 1,000 of the Huff cards printed but only the first 100 were autographed, so it is confusing to read the way Beckett has it listed.

Quite possibly a case of the same sort of scenario. Only more confusing and of course there is always potential for an accuracy flaw in the listing. The autos I see listed for the Bush 33 are either a Gold or Platinum, perhaps determine which of those you have if either. This Beckett user supposedly has one of the George Autos and they have logged on within the past month, perhaps they would have more info - http://www.beckett.com/users/mmayer51

Thanks for the insight sesamestreet4life - I will look into that as well.

Anybody else have any idea with this? Or have seen one #'d to 250?

Recently bought the same card (possibly from same source). Can't find in Beckett or Panini databases. Not sure it is authentic until proven otherwise.

Ok guys... now you have the chance to help 2 people Smile

Scan baby scan

Here are the scans. The most bothersome part is the fact there is no mention of the autograph on the back...

Front - http://www.imagebam.com/image/10cc5d146980070
Back- http://www.imagebam.com/image/de3bee146980058

ya i think thats a fake man, looks like he just put a fake sticker on a normal non-autographed card thats numbered, on every and i mean every auto or memorbilia card it will always have congratulations you have recieved a personally signed autograph by (whoever)

(08-27-2011, 10:41 PM)chiefsncards275 Wrote: on every and i mean every auto or memorbilia card it will always have congratulations you have recieved a personally signed autograph by (whoever)
That's not accurate, my Donruss Huff auto does not say anything about the auto on the back, though they did print the "authentic auto" logo into the card on the front, visible when I look close. So, technically they do not all say congratulations. Tongue

However, looking at the scans and then the Beckett listing, Beckett seems to lean towards the Bush being a fake a sticker added on to the proof green variation of the card perhaps as the foil is green and it has a /250 serial #. I don't see any information elsewhere stating that green foils ever got autos.