`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinnacle Mint Coins: How to tell year/metal

Pinnacle Mint Coins: How to tell year/metal
So I have 12 of these coins, 9 say 1997 while 3 have no date. How do I tell what year the other 3 year and, more importantly, what type of metal they are.

RE: Pinnacle Mint Coins: How to tell year/metal
Haha I think I got a Ryan Leaf one Smile not sure about your question though all I know is that my coin looks all corroded so it's some cheap sort of something for sure.
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

the silver, nickle-silver, etc, are rather easy to tell the difference, as they are silver colored

The solid golds and silver were redemption's only.

To tell what you have, on the back of the coin in the center, there will be a line that states what the coin is.

For example, nickle-silver will say nickle silver, the artist proof will say artist proof and then have a line like 1 of 250, the gold plated will say 22k gold plating or something along that line

As for the solid gold's and silver, I have never seen one for sale anyplace, a lot of people get the gold plated, and the bronze mixed up, and think they are solid gold, and the nickle, and nickle mint, thinking it is silver, but I have never actually seen a solid gold or silver one
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Thanks for the response, but I don't see it mention the type of metal anywhere. None of them are silver or nickle.

There appears to be two diffrent versons: a headshot and a full body. I have a Brett Favre of each. Not sure if that helps or not.

Not sure if you have done this yet but go through this and maybe it will help you out. These are all his "coin" cards.

http://www.beckett.com/search/#term=Pinn...ns&tmm=all
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

Those are probably 1997's. The body shot could be an insert or the subset from 1997.

If they are the 1996's they do not state the difference in metals.

The real gold and real silver come in plastic cases and jewel boxes.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

As for what you have...you have all "base" Brass Coins! The 1997 coins are easily identified, but people ALWAYS think they have a "gold" or "silver" coin. With the exception of the Brass and Nickel, all other parallels state what they are on the back: Gold Plated, Artist Proof, Solid Silver, etc

The Solid Silvers were inserted into packs. but the Solid Gold were redemptions.

The REAL Gold McCoy of Dan Marino!

Buddha, I wish I never sold it! Sad

[Image: marinof.jpg][Image: marinob.jpg]

With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Hello. Was looking for a little guidance, I have opp to buy a 24k pure gold NFL pinnacle coin for a semi-higher named player. Any idea what their values are Today? The PMC series isn't very popular but to what seems like a small cult following, so I think prices should be fairly reasonable, no? . Any thoughts much appreciated!
Tyler

As for what you have...you have all "base" Brass Coins! The 1997 coins are easily identified, but people ALWAYS think they have a "gold" or "silver" coin. With the exception of the Brass and Nickel, all other parallels state what they are on the back: Gold Plated, Artist Proof, Solid Silver, etc

The Solid Silvers were inserted into packs. but the Solid Gold were redemptions.

The REAL Gold McCoy of Dan Marino!

Buddha, I wish I never sold it! Sad

[Image: marinof.jpg][Image: marinob.jpg]

[/quote]

The 24kt coins are .625 oz of gold. Gold is currently $1076/oz

Hope that helps.

With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]