`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you spot a MJ counterfit rookie card?

How do you spot a MJ counterfit rookie card?
Hey just wondering what do you look for when buyin a michael jordan rookie from fleer? I know it has to do with the back and the fleer logo and also the lines along the front of the cards. Just wondering if anyone has pics of a fake one or any insite on how to spot a fake card? Im looking to buy one off this older gentleman I just dont want to get scammed.
Looking for Michael Jordan cards (Bulls Only!). Will buy or trade!

RE: How do you spot a MJ counterfit rookie card?
use a search engine and type, counterfeit jordan rc signs or something like that, there are several sites out there that show you what to look for. i wouldnt spend more then 300-350 on a raw jordan rc that looks to be in good shape, your best bet is to buy a graded version.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Here is just one of many sites you can go to to check your card out. This is not my website so use the info at your own risk.

http://sportscardinfo.wordpress.com/2008...er-rookie/

ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

watch out for thin borders. ive seen this get more people than the others with the obvious tells. Dont buy it unless its gradedis the best way to get a real one.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

One that is NOT graded.

Pretty much the rule I go by.
I have no desire for "the perfect" card. So I got a BGS 7 (with subgrades being 9.5 surface, 9 edges, 8 corners with a 5.5 for centering) with my bonus $ this year.

ANY vintage high value card you have the threat of a counterfeit, and they are getting better at it. Some are alot worse (like the ones you see listed on ebay as "reprint"). Just go graded by one of the big three (SGC, PSA or BGS), only way to be sure.

basketball cards

I wouldn't even risk it just buy a graded one
NEED: Thabeet, Pendergraph, Andersen, Flynn, Derozan Crown Royale Rookies.

honestly, graded is the best way. but i would hate for you to pass up an authentic one that would grade a 9 that u could buy for 400. its a tough spot that all collectors face, care to give u details as far as how much they want for it and what condition you think its in, will they guarantee it. meaning if u buy it and send it in to get graded, if it comes back fake, u get your money back plus what u spend sending it in and grading fees?
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Thin borders, a lot of them also have the wrong shade of red. If you are looking to buy then I would recommend buying a graded card from one of the major grading companies.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.