`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
question about remembering what cards you have

RE: question about remembering what cards you have
(08-23-2011, 09:45 PM)rascrush Wrote: so what would you do for a pc player though i mean i dont have a horrible memory but to remember 250 cards is kinda tough what would be your best suggestion my phone does not have interet other wise i would just use that
After collecting Bagwell for 17 years, I'm pretty familiar with my PC just by sight. I actually prefer scans of cards instead of lists. I can see scans and fly through them going got it got it got it just by sight of the card. Unfortunately, this doesnt always work when the differences are on the backs of cards, but I've been pretty good thus far.

I also have my PC scanned and uploaded to my own website, so when I go to my LCS, if I need to double check the owner lets me use his computer. If we actually had shows to go to here I'd just have to go by memory, since my phone doesnt do internet worth a darn. (or id take my sisters ipad).

So the best thing i would say is to scan em and organize them online.
[Image: BeckettSig.jpg]
I collect: Jeff Bagwell, and have Biggio, Berkman, Oswalt, Billy Wagner, some Pence and Clemens to trade for his cards

(08-24-2011, 01:03 AM)astroburn Wrote: After collecting Bagwell for 17 years, I'm pretty familiar with my PC just by sight. I actually prefer scans of cards instead of lists. I can see scans and fly through them going got it got it got it just by sight of the card. Unfortunately, this doesnt always work when the differences are on the backs of cards, but I've been pretty good thus far.

I also have my PC scanned and uploaded to my own website, so when I go to my LCS, if I need to double check the owner lets me use his computer. If we actually had shows to go to here I'd just have to go by memory, since my phone doesnt do internet worth a darn. (or id take my sisters ipad).

So the best thing i would say is to scan em and organize them online.
^^^^+1

Also, just because you want thousands of cards doesn't mean you are going to get those thousands of cards all at once. Do some research on the cards that take higher priority for you. I have a list of about two dozen specific cards I am looking for to add to my PC. If something else come along, great--but out of those thousands of cards I would like for my PC, I am focusing on a much, much smaller sample size. For me, it prevents impulse buys and keeps me on track. Of course, your PC contains something like 6-8 players, so it might be a little more difficult. It all comes down to how much work you want to put into it. A lot of good answers by the other posters. Untimately, it comes down to you.

EDIT: 10 GUYS IN YOUR PC.....that might also explain why you can't remember everything you have.
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

most of the cards I need of my guy are rarer or lower numbered so impossible to forget if I see them for sale. I have a pretty good mental inventory though of my guy despite having over 1900 different cards.

Look at your banner....You have PC's of like 8 guys....No wonder you can't remember all the cards you want...I have a PC of 1 player....Easy to remember what you have and what you would like to find..... Just my $0.02.

I collect two guys for the most part with smaller collections of a couple others 1 guy we have all but one of his cards so pretty easy to tell there... the other I have a pretty good memory of... every once and a while I'll pick up a duplicate by accident but it is mostly the lower end stuff so doesn't cost much of anything/matter much

remember all the rare/harder to find/low numbered stuff without issue
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

I have a fairly decent mental memory of my PC stuff. I used to hand write lists of my player wants, but that was before the power of internet and excel. I have probably looked over my cards so many times I could pick out the ones I already have 9/10 times.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

yes i have a bunch of guys that i collect but really if you look at my org i have a few big collections ortiz is biggest one at 250 there abouts then pence is around 100 and the rest are 50 or under so i mostly look for my top 4 or 5 and then have smaller collections of other players happ wakefield mike sweeney hudson people like that
so pretty much either get a photo memory or write out the cards im interested in or just print out the bigger collections
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

Hopefully we can bump your Pence collection up by 50 Wink

I pretty much pick up cheap cards I dont have when I can, but for the moment i have an eye out for Tek's and a certain 98 Pinncale. So even though there are thousands of cards I still dont have, its nice to break it down and have mini-goals to work on.
[Image: BeckettSig.jpg]
I collect: Jeff Bagwell, and have Biggio, Berkman, Oswalt, Billy Wagner, some Pence and Clemens to trade for his cards

picked up my first maddux tek card and feel I made the worst choice ever opening up that can of worms. hopefully I can just forget I have it for a long while and not find any more for cheap soon haha
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors