`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA Vs. BGS

RE: PSA Vs. BGS
(08-20-2011, 02:23 PM)nickm1123 Wrote: Thanks that answers a big question! I myself prefer BGS but was curious if it is a bad idea to buy PSA cards from this era?
I think most collectors put PSA & BGS graded cards on the same level. A BGS 9.5 and a PSA 10 will generally sell for similar prices. I wouldn't shy away from buying a card because it was grade by one company over the other, as long as it is the grade your looking for.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

With the exception of maybe a dozen graded cards I own, all are BGS. Not only do I feel their process is superior to PSA and the finish product is cleaner, but Jeromy has been fantastic to work with over the years. He is a class act and has always treated me and my cards with the utmost respect. That's why my choice is BGS.

Feel free to visit my graded card registry if you want to see BGS's influence on my collection.
"Remember, it's only cardboard!"

[Image: beckett01.jpg] [Image: beckettsig.jpg]

(08-20-2011, 06:55 PM)skoaf Wrote: With the exception of maybe a dozen graded cards I own, all are BGS. Not only do I feel their process is superior to PSA and the finish product is cleaner, but Jeromy has been fantastic to work with over the years. He is a class act and has always treated me and my cards with the utmost respect. That's why my choice is BGS.

Feel free to visit my graded card registry if you want to see BGS's influence on my collection.
BGS is more strict and I think it is easy to tell on the market with prices of slabbed cards that BGS is the top choice grading company for most modern cardboard collectors.

As far as your statements I totally agree, my favorite grader's name is Joe. I have the same perspective on BGS.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

well i have a Tim Duncan Bowman RC that was graded a 10 by PSA and I would have only graded it a 9 or 9.5...
 photo 7dbbff6f-c806-4600-9a7a-188e4785bb3a.jpg