`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your worst burn on a card investment???

RE: What is your worst burn on a card investment???
I collect baseball, basketball and football. I was at a small show in Arizona and brought some cards with me to trade or sell. I had a Shaq auto from Topps Chrome that I traded for Brandon Webb Absolute Ball and Glove auto and Casey Kotchman Glove and bat auto. Both are numbered to 35 or so. The Shaq was pulled from a pack but I still miss it.

LMAO did somebody say Allen Iverson? Is that supposed to be a joke? He had a definite hall of fame career winning an MVP, Scoring Titles, and leading the 76ers back to relevance! From 1996-2005 he was a perennial all-star selection and one of the top 10 best players in the league! Get your facts straight! As for card value his rookies were never super expensive to begin with and have only dropped by a little. Kobe Bryant was in that same draft class and in all the 96-97 sets he got the spotlight on his rookie! Rightfully so though lol!

A Darius Miles 2000 Fleer Mystique RC. Didn't really invest in it because I pulled it from a pack, but I definitely held on to it for too long. At one point I believe it was a $200 card.

if someone will say iverson was NOT an absolute stud that someone knows NOTHING about basketball

you guys have a real short memory, and quite frankly i never even liked the guy but he was a top 3 player in the league for years, a scoring champion for years, the guy changed the game, HOF

I didnt say he wasnt a good player he was and he was one of my favorites...but back when he first started he was supposedly gonna be one of the greatest..I even heard people dare to say jordan quality..He cant even be considered close to even the top ten of all time much less the top 20 or more..I just said that I lost on his cards because I overpayed for them and then they dropped a little and since i overpayed in the first place it was a big loss. All I said was he didnt live up to my expectations...
[Image: jonathancard.png]

Jordan qualities brings rings, he got none!.. the only 2 people I ever dare say is jordan like is bill russell and kobe!
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

lol ok well you have really high expectations haha, no one is jordan, just because he ran into the lakers dynasty doesnt mean hes less of a all-time great, i mean who was on that team anyway, im doing this off memory but im pretty sure the starting lineup was:

eric snow at the 1
iverson at the 2
george lynch? at sf, i think they also had kukoc that year
tyrone hill at pf
deke/geiger/ratliff/mcculoch at center

compared to kobe coming into his own and shaq, the most dominating player of the 90-00s decades in his prime?

no wonder iverson didnt win one, thats like saying those nets teams from the early 2000s werent good enough either? i mean cmon
i dont understand why having a ring makes you a better player, many NBA legends didnt have a team around them to win it, and that shouldnt take anything away from them

i guess karl malone and patrick ewing werent legends either, but robert horry is

OK, OK simmer down now........

I still chase high end AI stuff for trade bait, there is still a very large Iverson following. I didn't like what the guy represented but he was a superior talent in the league for years. His stuff has seen better days, but I think it has held it's value better than most. Vince Carter, I can say the same for but his stuff crashed just a little harder because he was the staple contract for Fleer. AI has very few autos out there unlike VC.

Darius Miles was something I ran from back it the day so I dodged that bullet.

Greg Oden on the other hand, got me pretty good. Who did he not burn?? I thought thay guy was a beast for OSU. He was a total shock of a draft bust for me as well. I moved Oden's stuff pretty quick after the first injury, so that didn't hurt as bad as that Gordon RPA.

Who has spent over the top on Brandon Roy? That's a player that will never be the same after that type of injury, IMO.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

sad thing about oden is, when he would come back from injuries, he would actually look good when he played, and thats hard to do when youve spent most of the time injured during a huge development stage in your game.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(08-18-2011, 08:54 AM)jonathancard Wrote: I didnt say he wasnt a good player he was and he was one of my favorites...but back when he first started he was supposedly gonna be one of the greatest..I even heard people dare to say jordan quality..He cant even be considered close to even the top ten of all time much less the top 20 or more..I just said that I lost on his cards because I overpayed for them and then they dropped a little and since i overpayed in the first place it was a big loss. All I said was he didnt live up to my expectations...
You know I will argue that on pure talent alone that he may just have a shot at the top 20! Yes it would be arguable on who'd he be replacing, but definitely not laughable! think I'm wrong? Give me your top 20 all time list and I bet you I can find at least one player on that list that can be replaced for A.I!!!!