`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asking Price to sell cards

Asking Price to sell cards
I'm a newbie to online Beckett. I collected during the 80's and 90's and now want to sell some cards and sets. Before I can do this I have to put the cards in organize and put a sell price on them. Well my question is should it be low Beckett, High Beckett, or some other number. I want someone to tell me that most sells are 50% of High Beckett or something like that so that I don't waste alot of my or the buyer's time. Is this a fair question?

John

RE: Asking Price to sell cards
yes it is a fair question, now days, most cards are selling for 1/3 to 1/6 of high bv, mostly for any low end card, even to cards that book in the 50 range, now there are cards out there that will fetch better value or over bv, you would have to check ebay completed listings to see wich cards they are. ive bought several jordan base/low end insert lots off of memebers on here, and we usually agree to a price around 1/5 high bv.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

Thanks, but I am a little confused if beckett is a reprsentation of sells that have taken place and most trades are done at 1/5 or Beckett then why are the values so high? I read a post that Beckett doesn't do new cards until there is a history of sells.

It depends on the card...For instance if you were to go online and buy a Suh auto you would pay very near book sometimes over..However if you were going to buy a high beckett value 90s insert you might only get a small return..I think you should look at the beckett low and ebay completed auctions and just average it out. The main thing is if your not desperate to sell dont set the price too low and cheat yourself, you will always have potential buyers who will tell you what your card is worth less than what you say just set your price and ask them to meet it or make you a fair deal. A lot of times a card is simply worth whatever a person is willing to buy it for and whatever the seller is willing to sell it for.
[Image: jonathancard.png]

I think the Beckett BV is a representation of what you can expect to pay at a card shop, as I know most card shops use one of the BVs or somewhere in between to price most of their stuff. I think Beckett gathers a lot of their pricing info from LCS's.
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage

(08-17-2011, 06:42 AM)jbnorman Wrote: Thanks, but I am a little confused if beckett is a reprsentation of sells that have taken place and most trades are done at 1/5 or Beckett then why are the values so high? I read a post that Beckett doesn't do new cards until there is a history of sells.
Someone can also please explain to me why I can get pricing from Beckett for two redemtion cards that I am waiting on replacements for. One from UD and one from Panini, neither card was ever produced and the pricing is still available in Beckett.

I think they gauge pricing of similiar cards within a set compared to the rest of the set. Or they just make up prices according to sells of other simliar cards from the same player. They say there is a method to the madness, but I have yet to find it.

Beckett can't keep up with the pricing anymore like they did back when you began collecting. The sports card market is much more volitile since the internet has become more popular in the past few decades.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(08-17-2011, 11:02 AM)got watcha want Wrote: Someone can also please explain to me why I can get pricing from Beckett for two redemtion cards that I am waiting on replacements for. One from UD and one from Panini, neither card was ever produced and the pricing is still available in Beckett.

I think they gauge pricing of similiar cards within a set compared to the rest of the set. Or they just make up prices according to sells of other simliar cards from the same player. They say there is a method to the madness, but I have yet to find it.

Beckett can't keep up with the pricing anymore like they did back when you began collecting. The sports card market is much more volitile since the internet has become more popular in the past few decades.
+100000
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Those unredeemed redemption cards still sell on the secondary market so there will be prices available for them, even though the actual card may have never been produced.

In fact there is a very healthy market for unredeemed redemption cards from certain sets because people know that those cards were never produced so Panini or Upper Deck will have to replace that card with something else, perhaps better.