`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlton Fisk Question

Carlton Fisk Question
Got a question somebody might be able to answer.

I have a brand new member trying to trade me a Carlton Fisk 1/1 card from 2004 SP Legendary Cuts. He is using the version #/17 in the trade and asking for over $350 in cards back.

My question, I don't recall seeing any 1/1 for Fisk from that set. Is the Beckett site wrong, when it does not show one?

I would not give up that much for the card, if it did exist. But would be interested, if it is a 1/1 Auto/GU card. Have already asked for a scan, waiting to see what he sends back.

Thank you.

RE: Carlton Fisk Question
Yeah, I would wait to see the scan, especially on a trade like that. According to the checklist, the lowest numbered card is #/10. With that said, Beckett can only put into the checklist what they receive from the company anyway and we all know how accurate those are at times.

Is the card actually serial numbered to 17? I only see a card with the assigned number as 17 and not serial numbered.
http://www.beckett.com/search/#term=2004...rer=223464

I would ask for CLEAR front and back scans. Looking forward to an update when you get one.

Think these were the ones with a sticker on the bottom of a date and fact. So really like 1/100. Just each one has a different sticker to make it 1/1. $350 is JOKE to ask for that card.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-145...pid1667301

Here is the link he sent me. Very skeptical of this, since I don't recall any 1/1 out of that set that year.

Or did I completely miss something with the set??

$350 for a 1/1 relic? Babe Ruth, MAYBE. Carlton Fisk....Nah.
[Image: vitterswest.jpg]

Wants: JOSH VITTERS, Matt Davidson, Peyton Manning, and Cubs.

Yo BOSOX, please check your PM's thanks!!

If you type in 2004 legendary cuts 1/1 on the bay like one of the posters said in the thread you can see a lot of these..

Banks and Doerr sold for $30 and a Fisk didn't sell with a starting price of $69...
[Image: arod.gif]