`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The most expensive patch card I ever bought just arrived!

The most expensive patch card I ever bought just arrived!
Normally when I add a card to my collection, I'll post it in the same pickup thread I've been using for years. It's good forum etiquette and keeps the boards from becoming too cluttered. However, because of the nature of this pickup I felt the need to go ahead and give it its own thread. I hope you'll forgive me.

Recently I've been downsizing my collection, going from quantity to quality. When I saw this card in the Beckett Marketplace I decided to act. I sold 40 'low end' jersey, bat, and autograph cards that were really just taking up room in my collection. They netted me enough to make a run at this.

I got this from Burbank Sportscards. They did give me a discount, which I appreciate, but anyone who knows Burbank knows I paid top dollar for this card. However, given the player, and the nature of the card I felt it was worth 'manning up' for.

[Image: Robinson-2003LeafCertifiedMaterials.jpg]

In case you were wondering, the red is cut from Jackie Robinson's iconic #42. According to Beckett when the card was first produced, the swatch was taken from a 1952 jersey. It's #d 2 of 5.

According to Worthpoint ( http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/20...go-emerald ), one sold for $699 in 2007. I got it for less than that, but still had to pay up.

Thanks for looking.

RE: The most expensive patch card I ever bought just arrived!
Wow thats nice..Definately a good buy...
[Image: jonathancard.png]

I think I just shed a single tear. That is beautiful. Congrats.
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

First off congrats on the card. It is REALLY nice. I've never bought from Burbank because I don't want to sell a kidney to pay for the outrageous prices they have listed.

Love it!!! back when you could be at least fairly certain a jersey belonged to that player
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

(08-12-2011, 01:31 PM)phillies816 Wrote: First off congrats on the card. It is REALLY nice. I've never bought from Burbank because I don't want to sell a kidney to pay for the outrageous prices they have listed.
I had put off dealing with Burbank for years because of the perception that their prices are high. They have serious prices, but they also have serious cards. They have 2-3 more cards that I'm considering adding as well. So yes, I would gladly do business with them again and would recommend them to anyone.

I do not like the cards being manufactured by Topps. I'm much more comfortable with the old DLP cards. The fact that Beckett identified the specific jersey used back in 2003 also made me feel very comfortable.

I just didn't think I'd have another chance at this card, so I made the deal. Remember ... you only live once.

I completely agree with you Bigguy. I would have just jumped on it also. I was just making an observation from what I have seen of their pricing. I think we have all paid top dollar for a card or cards we really wanted badly.

Very nice congrats definitely worth the price.

Congrats on a Very Nice pickup. Thank You for sharing!

BigT
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

VERY sweet patch card!
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket