`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Do you have a routine for busting packs?

RE: Do you have a routine for busting packs?
Where the packs reach my hands is where I open them.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

For some reason I have to buy an even number of packs, no matter what. I've done this since I was a kid and now I'm almost 30 and still do it.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

The only time I have a chance to buy hobby boxes, I usually open them at the shop because the owner likes to see what is pulled also. I usually don't buy boxes online, because I like to support the card shops when I have the chance. When I get retail, I usually wait till I get home and open them at the computer so I can add them to my organize at the same time.

(08-11-2011, 08:38 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: I wait till I'm at home... clean my lil worktable off, wash hands, get out supplies for sorting and sleeving as I go. then with the care of a surgeon begin ripping and sorting haha

I was always taught to be particular and handle things delicately so I tend to try to make sure I do no more damage to a card out of the pack than would have been there before
Dang, I do the same thing.

Member 8670

I like to open the pack and slowly look to see if I had a GU/Auto and if I do, I'll put those cards aside to look at last. Get the base cards and minor stuff out of the way first and look at all the memorbilia last!
Collecting:
Josh Hamilton
2012 Topps Gypsy Queen

Check out my collection for trades and PM me if interested.

Photo Bucket: http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/k540/tmhst11/

when I get packs at Target/Wal-Mart I open them in the car and read out the names to whoever's in the car...drives them nuts (Utley, Jonathan Sánchez, ooh McLouth, Freddy Sánchez, Annibal Sánchez). But when I get them in the mail I always open them at the kitchen table
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

I make a pot of coffee, clean the kitchen table, layout some napkins,
and I open my packs sorting them as I go while sipping a nice cup of joe.
I also have penny sleeves and top loaders on standy by for pc cards or inserts.
[Image: OSWALT-1-3.jpg]

I always open my cards at the eating bar in my basement. I really can't call it an eating bar anymore because it's the home of all my sorting and card organizing! When cracking boxes I always have semi-rigids and top loaders ready to put in the good stuff.

Everytime I rip something, I always setup piles for all the base and each type of insert. When I'm done, before I do anything, I have to put everything in numbered order.....guess I'm kind of a nut about that.
Always looking to complete sets.

Collecting Allen & Ginter, Topps Heritage, Bowman Chrome, Topps Chrome, Gypsy Queen, etc.

(08-11-2011, 09:56 PM)just4cards Wrote: Dang, I do the same thing.
yep, I can't help it always been like that since I was a kid. I figure its never a bad thing to be extra cautious. most of the cards I pulled from age 10 till now (30) are in the same condition as when i pulled them

Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

I come home to the desk in my man cave. I wipe it off with a damp cloth, allow for the surface to dry, get out my penny sleeves & top loaders and start the process of opening.

I never open in the shop for fear that I not get a good hit and buying more than I should. That has happened and leads to problems when I get home and inform the Mrs of how much I spent. Therefore the need to avoid such a situation I open at home.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.