`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32nd Annual National Sports Collectors Show Pickups/Observations

32nd Annual National Sports Collectors Show Pickups/Observations
This was my first time going to the show and I was overwhelmed at the amount of tables with lots of goodies. Before I decided on my main purchases, I pretty much walked the whole show to take it all in and compare some prices. Since my 2 boxes are at home and everyone has been getting good hits, I picked up a hobby box of 2011 Bowman Platinum (see thread on hits soon) and opened them up at the Topps Booth to get my Mike Moustakas redemption. I was dissapointed that I paid $109 each for the boxes I pre-ordered and was able to buy a box at the show for $83. Lesson learned: next year whatever comes out the month of Nationals, wait until the show to pick it up!

For memorabilia, it was a great show. I had my wife on the phone back in MD checking on prices of certain Yankee players online and the autographed balls were much cheaper at the show. I also enjoyed siting down nd going through the cheaper cards in boxes and picking up some more Yankees. I noticed that the Derek Jeter and Don Mattingly Rookie Cards were all on the high Beckett price side or even more expensive, so I passed. One of the cards I picked up for $10, my wife found online for $5, so I think some of the GU stuff, I may have over-payed.

Now the highlights on purchases:

Paul O'Neill autographed baseball
Robinson Cano autographed baseball
Phil Rizzuto autographed baseball (the Yankees 100 anniversary year)

2011 Topps Nick Swisher Diamond Die Cut
2011 Topps Brett Gardner GU Jersey
2007 SPX Derek Jeter GU Jersey Winning Materials
2004 SP Legendary Cuts Don Mattingly Significant Swatches GU Jersey
2001 SP Game Bat Edition Bernie Williams
2011 Topps Mariano Rivera Topps 60 GU Jersey

Mariano Rivera (1 card)
Robinson Cano (24 cards)
Mark Teixeira (6 cards)
CC Sabathia (3 cards)
A-Rod (5 cards)

RE: 32nd Annual National Sports Collectors Show Pickups/Observations
very nice day it seems you did well
[Image: OSWALT-1-3.jpg]

Sounds like fun, except for buying Yankees stuff.

Enjoy the rest of your time there and good hunting!!! I can't wait until I get a chance to make it to a National one year. Too bad they won't ever come to Atlanta or Orlando. Would be nice if they were that close to me.

That sucks for you that Jeter's RC's are going up higher than the Beckett HI BV price....I tried getting a copy of one of them that was graded BGS 9.5 on Ebay, and most were selling for over $100..Before his 3000 hit, you could get a BGS 9.5 copy for around $50-$60 (Topps, Upper Deck, Select RC)
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.