`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There goes my white whale... :(

RE: There goes my white whale... :(
(08-05-2011, 03:05 AM)evanturner12 Wrote: What is that card #'d to?
It's the champion's signature, numbered to 5. There's one on eBay now with a BIN/MAO of US$ 1999... yikes

The fact that this post is still up AMAZES me.

THIS IS STILL A LIVE AUCTION!!!!!!!

Anytime I post an ebay link (live or not) 9/10 x's its taken down that nite!!

Just proof that the moderators here are bias.

i don't know about your posts but as far as I know there's no problem in posting links to eBay auctions as long as it's not for commercial purposes (ie. your own auction). As a matter of fact, I have seen many links to eBay auctions on the forum, and there was no problem in that.

In my case I just posted it as a point of reference.

Like I said....Bias.

I usually get the "....there are a few moderators on this site and while I didnt take down your link someone else may have just because it was an eBay link. Live auction links are not allowed per the rules of the board but if you posted a link of a completed auction they may have not looked into it."

Thats usually when I got angry and PM'ed the Mod I see in the BasketBall here. Xtremesanity or something like that.

Obviously its bull if this is allowed!

Was gonna copy and paste the exact statement but I cant find the link to my mailbox here on this site now.

Will, Tmakact, Evan: I took your advice and went for it. Decided I wouldn't go beyond US$ 700.

To my great surprise it stayed on US$ 510 since 9 hours before the end of the auction until I jumped in 30 seconds before closing. I bid US$ 600 - outbid. US$650 - outbid. Auction ends, turns out it sells for over US$ 1247. Someone really really wanted that card.

Ah well, best of luck to that buyer....

Wow.

I think you did the right thing. You set a price you were happy to pay and stuck to it. At least you didn't lose out on it by just a few dollars.

Having said that, I bet in 20 years time, assuming Jackson doesn't start signing more cards, it'll be worth a lot more than $1,247 since he's arguably the greatest coach ever.

But yeah, that's a load of money.

(08-08-2011, 05:14 AM)will23c1982 Wrote: At least you didn't lose out on it by just a few dollars.
I know, and I'm glad so, because the card was won by someone well beyond my level. I'd be crying in a corner of my room if I'd have lost it by a dollar. Really.

The amazing thing of what happened in this auction is that apparently 9 hours before the end of the auction someone made a bid of around $1240, which at that point put the highest bid on $510. But then in the very last seconds someone must have topped that by bidding probably something like $1500. Mind you that I made my last bid of $650 about 8 seconds before closing and it altered the current highest bid to only $651.

What it shows is that the winner made a last-second, whatever-it-takes bid in order to get the card.