`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something different - post a card you KNOW someone else REALLY wants from you!!

RE: Something different - post a card you KNOW someone else REALLY wants from you!!
Well, getting back to the general purpose of this thread, and yet, still managing to stay ever so slightly off course...this is the one card I seem to be asked most about, not by any specific collector, just in general. I've never been offered anything for it, as it is (or was) clearly identified as NFT long ago....

[Image: BestSens1001.jpg]
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database

RE: Something different - post a card you KNOW someone else REALLY wants from you!!
(08-03-2011, 01:21 PM)opierocks Wrote: Well, getting back to the general purpose of this thread, and yet, still managing to stay ever so slightly off course...this is the one card I seem to be asked most about, not by any specific collector, just in general. I've never been offered anything for it, as it is (or was) clearly identified as NFT long ago....

[Image: BestSens1001.jpg]
Awesome card!
(08-03-2011, 01:11 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: Reading back on what I first posted in the thread, it actually does make me sound like a d-bag. I edited my post on SCF, and plan to do it here as well, just so I sound more like a civilized person and not someone out with a vendetta. I was just in one of those moods when I posted it.

For the point you made, this is why I have many traders. I do not only have these five cards in my collection, I have hundreds of GU/AU cards so 90% of the time, I have something that people want. If someone collects Giroux and wants the Ice #/10 but has nothing I can use, I encourage alternatives from them. I have had other Girouxs (still have one other GU left), which I can trade to counter the high-end. Someone wants a Lemieux or an Yzerman? I have plenty of both to make the person happy, and also more in a price range that would make a trade a lot easier. If that is the one card that they need to complete their collection 100%, I hate to say it, but it is honestly tough.

Since I regularly compare cards to used cars in both the quest for condition, quantity, and the dog-eat-dog trading/buying, I'll use that as a hypothetical. A 1992 Porsche 928 GTS (#/less than 500 worldwide) is for sale at a used car lot for $35 000, and a person says that that is the one car they need to fulfill their dream and to live a long life happy. They neither have the money, nor the car(s) necessary for an equal trade or purchase. Should he get the car for $10 000 because he needs it to fulfill his life dream? Now a man in a suit and tie shows up, more an opportunistic person than a person looking to fulfill a dream, and he buys the car flatout for cash, or offers a 1986 Ferrari Testarossa in trade. The dealer is not obligated to sell it unless he gets the right offer, or the right trade. The person with the dream can buy or trade his vehicle for a 1986 Porsche 928 S4 instead. It's cheaper, but the same make and similar model as the one he wanted.

I know that there are many variables in this hypothetical, but this is the way I feel that best illustrates my point: yes, we are all in it for the love of the hobby, but even that love has limits when it comes to trading or even selling.

And again, I must apologize for that first post with the cards, I will edit the wording so it makes me sound less like a big A.
Well I never said someone should sell their $35,000 rare car for $10,000. Or a Giroux maybe worth $500 for $200. But what if the man was willing to trade three nice cars worth $13,000 a piece for it? Same cash value. And that is what I meant in regards to that Giroux. Don't move it for a bag of marbles (unless they are gold). And you have it NFT because you love the card and will only move it for a certain piece. That makes sense. But let's say it wasn't NFT and you advertised it FT and posted it on all these boards, and someone offered a good 1 for 1 trade, and then you, "Only want these 15 cards." Then it makes no sense to even put it FT. But you advertiser it NFT, so it is okay.

Basically, it is one thing when people ask for cards that are PC, it isn't moveable, but when people are advertising a card to trade yet won't move it unless you get THE one deal, it is a little different. Because if someone REALLY wants a card, they will find a way to get it.

And you never said anything dbaggy, nor did anyone (except that Stamkos from the other dude haha). This is a good thread IMO.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

Jay Kay zee that mean and I DREAM about thoses 2 stamkoses NIGHTLY!
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(08-03-2011, 01:24 PM)nuccionino Wrote: Awesome card!

Well I never said someone should sell their $35,000 rare car for $10,000. Or a Giroux maybe worth $500 for $200. But what if the man was willing to trade three nice cars worth $13,000 a piece for it? Same cash value. And that is what I meant in regards to that Giroux. Don't move it for a bag of marbles (unless they are gold). And you have it NFT because you love the card and will only move it for a certain piece. That makes sense. But let's say it wasn't NFT and you advertised it FT and posted it on all these boards, and someone offered a good 1 for 1 trade, and then you, "Only want these 15 cards." Then it makes no sense to even put it FT. But you advertiser it NFT, so it is okay.

Basically, it is one thing when people ask for cards that are PC, it isn't moveable, but when people are advertising a card to trade yet won't move it unless you get THE one deal, it is a little different. Because if someone REALLY wants a card, they will find a way to get it.

And you never said anything dbaggy, nor did anyone (except that Stamkos from the other dude haha). This is a good thread IMO.
Okay, then we're not so different you and I Smile

Everything I posted in here is clearly marked NFT! in my bucket, and only after I post them online for a show and tell thread, or if someone just happens to be exploring my bucket do the situations I alluded to occur. Otherwise, I am usually the one who makes the initiative in an offer, and so far, in my 100+ trades, everyone has been happy with what they received from me.

(08-03-2011, 02:52 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: Okay, then we're not so different you and I Smile

Everything I posted in here is clearly marked NFT! in my bucket, and only after I post them online for a show and tell thread, or if someone just happens to be exploring my bucket do the situations I alluded to occur. Otherwise, I am usually the one who makes the initiative in an offer, and so far, in my 100+ trades, everyone has been happy with what they received from me.
Yea, your situation is different because you don't put them FT, you have them NFT because that is what PC means, NFT and when people ask if it is FT, that is okay. My point was basically people who put said cards FT and only want 4 cards or the actual player in return, I just used you an example.

Let's see some more cards peeps!
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

These cards are for trade, but I'd rather hold onto them for something of equal value for my PC or at least an equal trader I can actually get rid of (so not, you know, a Manny Fernandez #/10. I'm actually in the process of trading for a #/10 for my PC and going over what I would consider "fair" in what I'll send in return because it's for my Brust collection. Not too long ago I traded 1 quality card for several lower end autos, JSYs and RCs because they were for PC and there was enough of them, so I don't mind doing this. At the same time I almost choke on my beer when I read "I know it's only a $50 card" because the best cards I have are around that value. I keep getting offers on my best cards for quantity of inserts, parallels, low-end autos and JSYs. Like I said, I don't have a problem with that sort of deal, but I only have so many and most of my better cards I'm willing to hold onto until I find a single card of equal value for my PC. Here's the cards I have that I keep getting offers from from people who have nothing I can use in return. The really funny part is I pulled the Richter less than a week ago and I've gotten a bunch of these types of offers for it. At the same time, not having a ton of big value cards I know what it's like to see a card you really, really want and throw your hat in the ring knowing there's maybe a 1% chance you'll have something for it. I've been on both sides, so I don't hold it against anyone who "gives it a shot." Anyway, here's the cards I repeatedly get "nothing" offers on. All are for trade (though not on this particular site but on another one):
[Image: DSCN5040.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4873.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4093.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4079.jpg]
[Image: DSCN4099.jpg]

P.S. The Luongo is a PC card I'm willing to let go for something better. Otherwise I'm keeping it.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com