`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
autograph baseball help

autograph baseball help
hey i know some of u collect balls so maybe u can help. i have about 11 balls right now and i was just wondering what is the best ways to keep them from fading like what do you do. i have them in the plastic cases and generally keep them out of the light but it seems to me like they are fadding. of course i get a lil periniod when it comes to these things so i could be completly wrong but i was just wondering what things you guys do to keep your balls in mint condition. thanks
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

RE: autograph baseball help
If its not blue pen, it will fade
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

why does black been fade but blue does not will perminint marker fade also if it is not blue will it fade to the point that u can not see it anymore how bout if it is blue how do u keep it from fading

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

little punctuation wouldn't help, either
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

dude can u just awnser the questions and not harp on peoples puncation all the time

(07-29-2011, 08:09 PM)rascrush Wrote: hey i know some of u collect balls so maybe u can help. i have about 11 balls right now and i was just wondering what is the best ways to keep them from fading like what do you do. i have them in the plastic cases and generally keep them out of the light but it seems to me like they are fadding. of course i get a lil periniod when it comes to these things so i could be completly wrong but i was just wondering what things you guys do to keep your balls in mint condition. thanks
I found this info, the 2nd link is a video but for ink on a bat. You could probably find additional info online or contact someone that collects auto'd baseball & ask what they do. Clear shellac can yellow and or crack in time. Clear acrylic spray might work but i wouldn't try until getting better info.
BTW... black ink when it fades is actually oxidizing & often turns brown first. It has something to do with the mix that goes into making ink, blue is much less prone to oxidizing as it doesn't react with the animal gum thats used in ink, black does. Hope this helps.

http://www.wikihow.com/Preserve-an-Autog...a-Baseball
http://www.ehow.com/video_4994543_preser...l-bat.html
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

thanks bro so pretty much if i have a ball with a black signature or a perminate marker sig i am screwed so jw would going over the black signature with a blue pen hurt the sig at all except for the fact that it would not qoute un qoute be from the player anymore

DONT DO THE TRACING OVER!!!!
thats counted as forging an autograph.
and every single ink will fade off a ball unless you are using an Official Major League Baseball (game issued brand)
collecting Cheslor Cuthbert.
I can 50/50 midwest league autos.
[Image: chesbatting-2-1.jpg]

(07-30-2011, 08:36 AM)insidethevines Wrote: DONT DO THE TRACING OVER!!!!

+1. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER trace over it.

Faded > traced over.

As was said, never trace over a signature...

Sharpies bleed on baseball's. Use a very LIGHT COAT of Krylon crystal clear acrylic...

Having a ball in a plastic case is not enough, you need one that is UV protected...

Any light is not good, at the very least do not display in direct sunlight.

...Rick
My PC & Trade... http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss22/...rts_Teams/

My trade items are at the bottom of my bucket listed as "Trade - (Type of Card)"

I'm always looking for HOF game-used in all sports...