`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wholesaler help

Wholesaler help
I am looking to open an account with a card wholesaler but not quite sure which one to go with. Can somebody offer some opinions on these companies?

Any help would be appreciated....Convenience of ordering products, ability to order older products, and good pricing would be really what I am looking for.

Thank you!
[Image: braunsig.png]

RE: Wholesaler help
nobody?

Opinions on what companies?

If you mean basic sales places like Dave and Adams, Blowout Cards, and Atlanta Sportscards (not REALLY wholesale companies per-say) all you have to do is pick what you want and buy, watching all of them for sales and comparing prices, Blowout and Atlanta have been even in price and cheaper than Dave and Adams on most things lately and I personally have gotten way better hits and value out of product arriving from Atlanta Sportscards. Dave and Adams does say they offer a discount for large and frequent orders, not sure how much of one that ends up being because if it's only a few bucks and they cost more to begin with, then it seems like a silly game ha ha The others may have similar offers, not sure, never paid attention.

If you mean getting cards direct from the makers or some other "wholesale" avenue, I'm not familiar with successfully getting cards via that route, though I am sure there are hoops to jump through such as proof of a brick and mortar card shop in some cases and business tax id ect. ect.

The best prices are probably found on Ebay, but then if you're buying them to sell on Ebay that's not really going to end up being fruitful but on a shaky hit and miss basis - I landed a case of 2010 Topps Chrome for $300 off there once though and made a killing off of it ha ha.

(08-04-2011, 07:32 PM)sesamestreet4life Wrote: If you mean getting cards direct from the makers or some other "wholesale" avenue, I'm not familiar with successfully getting cards via that route, though I am sure there are hoops to jump through such as proof of a brick and mortar card shop in some cases and business tax id ect. ect.
Yes that is what I am referring to. I have jumped through all the hoops, jut need to pick a company to get product from out of several options.

All wholesalers will require you to have a tax number, There is to much paper work getting a discount that way. Plus the IRS with there hands out, at the end of each quarter you'll need to send in whether you've sold and for how much. Much better to go with the way sesamestreet4life says.

If you are looking for a wholesale distributor and have a tax id with a brick and mortar shop contact Southern Hobby. Good Luck!
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

(08-04-2011, 07:45 PM)ELevin99 Wrote: Yes that is what I am referring to. I have jumped through all the hoops, jut need to pick a company to get product from out of several options.
Are you sure you've gone through ALL the hoops? Upper Deck and Panini have recently put very restrictive agreements in place that dealers must adhere to if they wish to sell their products. You can't sell to other dealers, must sell products over SRP, must operate a physical storefront that is open more than 35 hours a week, can't sell sealed product online unless you've been certified to do so by them, and several other regulations. Did you go through the process of signing their paperwork and getting approved by them?

I work at and run a sports card shop and to do so you must have a shop. I do not use southern hobby but a similar place but there are dealer only websites that you can use as well as the direct orders. The dealer websites allow you to buy old stock as that is where guys like dacardworld and blowout buy and sell as well. However you have to have a shop for a certain amount of time to even use the dealer sites. Also you have to have a Tax id but that is not a big deal. Mostly the main thing you need is a business.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

(08-04-2011, 10:36 PM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: Are you sure you've gone through ALL the hoops? Upper Deck and Panini have recently put very restrictive agreements in place that dealers must adhere to if they wish to sell their products. You can't sell to other dealers, must sell products over SRP, must operate a physical storefront that is open more than 35 hours a week, can't sell sealed product online unless you've been certified to do so by them, and several other regulations. Did you go through the process of signing their paperwork and getting approved by them?
Yes I am sure. I am not trying to buy from the card companies - their rules are too strict. I am trying to buy from a wholesaler. I will give southern hobby a call today...thank you for the recommendations.

and never hesitate to e-mail blowout or atlanta.. I have e-mailed them asking if I could get a case 30 dollars cheaper then listed and they came back with 20 dollars off.
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,