`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Worst Sets

The Worst Sets
I'm not talking about Topps Total or SAGE, I'm talking about cards that come out of the pack damaged or sticker auto's that look like they were applied by a drunk.

The one that got me thinking about this was 2005 Topps Draft Picks & Prospects - Senior Standout inserts.

Both of my Jersey Autographs are badly damaged and the stickers aren't even close to straight.

The Brown sticker isn't as bad as the Campbell, but the back of the Brown looks like it rubbed over sandpaper. All the edges are peeling. And it's a $100 card, how can they put such little effort into making these.
Others I've seen on eBay and other sites look similar.

[Image: scan0056-3-1.jpg]

You can easily see that the guy who applied this sticker was either drunk or a disgruntled employee.
[Image: CampbellJSYAU50-1.jpg]

This is the Class Marks autographed insert also from '05 Topps DPP

It's obvious by the two parallel lines on either side of the sticker that it's off.
[Image: scan0048.jpg]

and this sticker is torn and crooked
[Image: scan0057.jpg]

The other big on is 2007 Gridiron Gear Player Timeline

These cards are almost all badly damaged, especially on the back and around the jersey watch.

Also the sticker on the left looks like it was applied, then peeled up and re-applied.
[Image: scan0186.jpg]

Since there aren't that many sets with college uni's I feel compelled to get these, but it's a big turn off when the card looks like it put together by a child with Elmer's glue and dull scissors

[Image: scan0058-2-1.jpg][/URL]
[Image: scan0049-1_zpsa96ce2c3.jpg][/URL]

RE: The Worst Sets
I hear ya! I cant think of any particular brand off the top of my head, but I too have noticed that thru the years, certain set and/or companies, have really poor quality control. It cud be a disgruntled employee, a person who brought their 2yr old to work & let them do the job or some drunk people with some REAL bad beer goggles. Either way, its a shame for a product to go onto the market like that.
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

For me the topps rising rookies boxes that I have bought has had at least 2 or 3 damaged cards per box. Most of the time they are commons but last box I cracked open I had a pretty badly mangled patch out of it
[Image: georgerm.png]

Topps Letterman I think was hideous. With the sticker across the letter patch. Who thought that was a good idea when they were sticking them on!

I don't remember the set, but I think it was from Topps. It had auto stickers on the nameplate letters. That is just plain ugly and stupid, IMO.
(07-26-2011, 05:55 PM)motu79 Wrote: Topps Letterman I think was hideous. With the sticker across the letter patch. Who thought that was a good idea when they were sticking them on!
That's the one! How stupid do they look?
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

i've heard bad things about topps tribute being easily damaged or the surfaces being scratched pretty bad out of the pack but this is the worst example of damage... and its on an amazing card.

skip to 3:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8dET4xdoPQ
collecting LeGarrette Blount, Colt Lyerla & other Ducks
[Image: youngducks-1.png]
[Image: inceptionrainbow3.jpg]

(07-26-2011, 06:23 PM)rogue655 Wrote: i've heard bad things about topps tribute being easily damaged or the surfaces being scratched pretty bad out of the pack but this is the worst example of damage... and its on an amazing card.

i will shed but one single tear for that card...................

Insert Banner.

I just bought a few boxes of 2008 certified and pulled a nice Matt Ryan stamp card but it looks like the card was run under a grinder. Has to from the machines used to slide the cards to packs. It blows since it is a $60 card.

(07-26-2011, 06:19 PM)all day baby Wrote: I don't remember the set, but I think it was from Topps. It had auto stickers on the nameplate letters. That is just plain ugly and stupid, IMO.

That's the one! How stupid do they look?
Absolutely horrible design and some of them are 1/1's, it is a disgrace!
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

(07-26-2011, 06:23 PM)rogue655 Wrote: i've heard bad things about topps tribute being easily damaged or the surfaces being scratched pretty bad out of the pack but this is the worst example of damage... and its on an amazing card.

That is horrible. How could someone put that card in a pack. It looks like the corners were soaked in water for that to happen.

That makes mine look mint. I mean that's some serious damage. Did he ever say what he did with it?
[Image: scan0058-2-1.jpg][/URL]
[Image: scan0049-1_zpsa96ce2c3.jpg][/URL]