`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Osgood retires.

Osgood retires.
Kinda saw this coming with Howard getting most of the playing time.
Not a Wings fan so I don't know if he still had it in him.

Interesting fact.

Chris Osgood is one of six goalies in NHL history with 400-plus wins and at least three Stanley Cups.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/678376...etires-nhl

RE: Osgood retires.
Congrats on a Hall of Fame career. I happened to have met him several times while he was an Islander & have nothing but kind words for him, (as well as a bunch of autographs!)

I was listening to that radio station while I was reading. And can you believe they don't think he is a shoe in for the HALL !!!!!!!!

400 wins. 3 cups. 1 he was a backup .....
But I mean Osgood IMO is shoe in for the HOF...........

sad to see him go but i think he would rather retire a red wing then move to another team

Osgood got his record the same way Marc Crawford got his Cup.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(07-19-2011, 05:29 PM)wickabee Wrote: Osgood got his record the same way Marc Crawford got his Cup.
You can say that about every single player. That excuse is an old bit. IMO Osgood won't get in, just because he doesn't fit the eye test. Plus he was rarely a top 5 goalie in any year. But to use the, "he had a great team excuse" is bologna. He also played on not so good teams and did very well.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE!

love the vid

very nicely done Chris
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Osgood should get in to the Hall for his record alone...400 wins on ANY team is no mean feat! Couple that with 3 Cups (Albeit with a powerhouse team in Detroit), and he should get in. If you think that he spent a few seasons in Purgatory (Long Island!!), as well as St. Louis, and STILL racked up 401 wins, then he DESERVES a Hall nod...maybe not first ballot, but if they can elect Dino Ciccarelli(???), why not Ossie?
[Image: opiebanner.png]

Thanks to Tha Penguin for the banner!
Always looking for Senators and Canucks cards.

Opie's Senators Collection: 4036/14396 28.3%, according to Beckett's database