`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early morning Garage Sale nets Piazza score!

Early morning Garage Sale nets Piazza score!
Not a huge Piazza fan here, mainly because he brutalized my teams, but I couldn't resist picking this up. It came complete with matching COA and case (which is damaged slightly on the inside seam), and the Lucite holder which has not been compromised. COA and serial number on card edge match. I am not sure if the seller just didn't read the COA or what the deal was but I passed on his asking price and he continued to drop until I just couldn't walk away. Sorry about the poor scans through the Lucite holder but this is the Highland Mint reproduction of 1993 Topps Piazza in 4.25 Troy Ounces of .999 Silver for those not familiar. Also for those not familiar, these have the serial number on the edge of the card and can be seen through the holder. So if you come across one always check for the serial number along the bottom edge.

[Image: Piazza_93HMSilver_Front.jpg]

[Image: Piazza_93HMSilver_Back.jpg]
[Image: 98AtomicRefractor.jpg]

“Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that
is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.”

Author unknown

RE: Early morning Garage Sale nets Piazza score!
I gotta know how much you gave for that? That is booking pretty well. Its a couple hundred if I recall.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

jeeeeeeez... the only justice one of those ive seen is on ebay for like 180 i think... nice pickup
I collect current Braves and Braves Prospects Autograph, Memorabilia, First Year and Rookie Cards.

Don't Click Here.

[Image: 5WSGR.png]

(07-17-2011, 10:42 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: I gotta know how much you gave for that? That is booking pretty well. Its a couple hundred if I recall.
It is listed for $200 in one of the most popular price guides as you say, which is slightly higher than the value of the silver alone. If I told you what I gave for it my trade value with you, since nobody else is looking, would be greatly diminished.

(07-17-2011, 10:44 AM)capncush Wrote: jeeeeeeez... the only justice one of those ive seen is on ebay for like 180 i think... nice pickup
Thanks, I think the folks selling this most likely bought it new and only wanted to make their original investment back, but were then wanting to sell it since I showed interest. You just never know what will pop up at garage/moving sales. Estate sales are generally picked over pretty good.
[Image: 98AtomicRefractor.jpg]

“Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that
is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.”

Author unknown

Jeez... Nice
WANTED: Indian Larry American Biker Auto
[Image: 1393873061.jpg]
http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/Seaw0lf/library/

that is a sweet find! good job
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Wow, you could melt that down and still have 200 in silver! What did you pay?

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

Nice pickup!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

nice! i was at a garage sale yesterday, didnt do as good as you but got a bucket of 83 golf balls for 6 bucks and a michael jordan framed poster and brett favre framed poster for 10 bucks