`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice Needed: Team Signed Mini Helmet Authentication

Advice Needed: Team Signed Mini Helmet Authentication
I have a mini helmet signed by thirteen players from the 2010 season including Bruce Bochy. (Posey, Lincecum, Ross, Etc.). It is already authenticated by All-American Authentication, but would you suggest getting it authenticated by a higher ranking authentication service? Also, if so, who do you suggest going through? I've thought about PSA/DNA, but $100 is kind of steep for me right now.

Any advice helps, thanks!
Looking for:
Any & All Things Gary Brown!
[Image: 14id3qb.jpg]Looking for Gary Brown 2011 Goodwin Magician Mini #'d /9, as well as the 1/1's!
My Gary Brown Collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jwpezet/set...464610291/

RE: Advice Needed: Team Signed Mini Helmet Authentication
Is it for your PC? If it is then there is no point seeing as how you got the autographs and you know they are real.
Collect Will Clark, Matt Cain, Brian Wilson, Carl Crawford

To be honest the cost of authentication from anywhere out ways that of the item. It has to make a big difference or be a BIG dollar item to make it worth your time/money.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

(07-15-2011, 10:08 PM)patricksb4 Wrote: Is it for your PC? If it is then there is no point seeing as how you got the autographs and you know they are real.
I didn't get the autographs myself, for a great price. I wouldn't be selling it, but having a better authentication service might make it a nicer piece for my collection.
Looking for:
[Image: 14id3qb.jpg]Looking for Gary Brown 2011 Goodwin Magician Mini #'d /9, as well as the 1/1's!

Well since you didn't get them yourself then maybe you should get them authenticated. Also, like the other guy said it has to make a big difference. If you yourself wants to make sure they are real, you could always compare them to other autos they have on cards, etc.
Collect Will Clark, Matt Cain, Brian Wilson, Carl Crawford

If it's already authenticated, then I wouldn't worry about it..A lot of shops or businesses pay the managers/players to come in and do a signing and make up their own certification...When looking on Ebay, the difference between a ball certified by another company compared to DNA/PSA and JSA doesn't sell for less or more really..

If it didn't come w/ a certification, I would possibly send it into PSA/DNA or JSA...Remember, even top-notch authenticators have made mistakes such as JSA here recently..
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

It came with an authentication, I was just thinking I might feel happier with a PSA/DNA cert. I have spent hours comparing it to other signatures and they all seem to match up, so I suppose I will just relax and enjoy it. Smile
Looking for:

As was stated earlier EVERY and ALL authenticators make mistakes. EVERY and ALL authenticators have deemed in-person (IP) auto's to be fake and forged auto's to be authentic. As you can see I believe ALL authenticators are a joke. The best of the joke authenticators is PSA/DNA. Also stated earlier, to be worth the money to authenticate, it needs to be a higher dollar item. I have two 16x20's and a glove autographed by Muhammad Ali. They were IP graph's at a show but if I ever decide to sell the extra 16x20 I would need to get it authenticated by the joke authenticators even though I saw it signed.

Since you have compared the graphs to other known authentic auto's and they match up IMHO I believe getting them authenticated would be a waste of money, especially if you are keeping them for your PC...Rick

EDIT: I have over 300 in-person auto's and ONE auto that I received that was authenticated by PSA/DNA. I was talking to my insurance agent discussing a rider on our insurance policy for collectibles. Insurance companies like items authenticated. I told him that out of all my signed collectibles the only one that I could have any doubt with being authentic is the one that is authenticated by PSA/DNA. All the others I know are authentic because I saw them signed with my two eyes...
My PC & Trade... http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss22/...rts_Teams/

My trade items are at the bottom of my bucket listed as "Trade - (Type of Card)"

I'm always looking for HOF game-used in all sports...

(07-16-2011, 03:43 AM)ny sports teams Wrote: As was stated earlier EVERY and ALL authenticators make mistakes. EVERY and ALL authenticators have deemed in-person (IP) auto's to be fake and forged auto's to be authentic. As you can see I believe ALL authenticators are a joke. The best of the joke authenticators is PSA/DNA. Also stated earlier, to be worth the money to authenticate, it needs to be a higher dollar item. I have two 16x20's and a glove autographed by Muhammad Ali. They were IP graph's at a show but if I ever decide to sell the extra 16x20 I would need to get it authenticated by the joke authenticators even though I saw it signed.

Since you have compared the graphs to other known authentic auto's and they match up IMHO I believe getting them authenticated would be a waste of money, especially if you are keeping them for your PC...Rick

EDIT: I have over 300 in-person auto's and ONE auto that I received that was authenticated by PSA/DNA. I was talking to my insurance agent discussing a rider on our insurance policy for collectibles. Insurance companies like items authenticated. I told him that out of all my signed collectibles the only one that I could have any doubt with being authentic is the one that is authenticated by PSA/DNA. All the others I know are authentic because I saw them signed with my two eyes...
How does the insurance work with collectibles such as our hobby? I haven't the slightest clue since I'm a college student, but do they go through and put values on every item or do you or what?

Thanks

-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.