`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sherry Magee Autograph?

RE: Sherry Magee Autograph?
Think what you want you pompous goof ball.

I gave one member the option of viewing a scan of the ball. That's as good as it's going to get for now.

I don't want to share the authentication services, because I fear they will tip off where I bought this from, and until I have the ball in my possession, I'm skipping the details. Don't really care if you think that's being shady or not, in all honesty.

The Sherry Magee was never mentioned as being one of the signatures on the ball. It was sold as a Black Sox ball, with all infamous eight, and five other teammate signatures. Only through scans have I made out the signature of Magee. Which is unmistakable in my opinion.

That was the reason, aside from a little harmless bragging Smile, I created this thread. I want to know how rare Sherry Magee's signature is.

I purchased a bat from this estate earlier (which I'll be happy to attach photos of. Not sure how?), which contains over 25 Hall of Famer's sigs on it, including Mantle, Mays, DiMaggio, Ted Williams etc...

I promise, I will provide more details on this ball, including the certificates, and the image(s), as I feel the time is right. That's about all I can say.

So pretty much what you are saying is that you are afraid someone is going to buy it from under you if you share too much details, correct?
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

(07-17-2011, 12:58 AM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: So pretty much what you are saying is that you are afraid someone is going to buy it from under you if you share too much details, correct?
It's a done deal, and I paid a lot of money for it, but until the ball is here in front of me, it's better to not reveal too much. I would never spend the kind of money I spent, unless I was certain of what I was buying.

Yeah, because calling people names is a good way of proving you're a real mature and upstanding guy. Good job!

Like Shez said, if it's authenticated by someone "reputable" why don't you ask them for information on comparable signatures or if they may happen to know why his name is on a Chicago ball?

Oh and yeah by the way...you said in your first post that you have already acquired this ball. If it's not in your possession then you have acquired nothing yet. If the people you're going to be receiving the ball from are as reputable as you claim then if the deal is struck you should have very little to worry about in the nature of someone swiping it out from under you.

It's more or less semantics and nothing too major...but your story has a few holes in it.
[Image: NewBitmapImage4-1.jpg]

[Image: NewBitmapImage2.jpg]

Working on: 2011 Topps 60/Next 60 unique Autos (50/142) & Relics (?/101)

If anyone has any info, as to my original post about Sherry Magee known autographs, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, I'm done discussing the ball.