`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offline for a few days

RE: Offline for a few days
(07-11-2011, 06:34 PM)ceocards Wrote: Just an FYI to my Beckett friends/traders...

My town of Urbana was hit very hard by winds or possibly a small tornado this morning (the 'experts' are still debating). I'm in Chicago for business this week, so I'm getting all the info from my wife.

Everyone in the town is OK, but there's a lot of damage. We were 'lucky' - we only lost a few windows, our swingset, and some misc. damage/debris. House next door completely lost its roof.

In any event, between being in Chicago, and the chaos at home, I will likely be offline for a few days...so if you need anything mod/site related, you'd be better served PMing floydtown or Xtreme.

As far as trades - there were a couple packages in my mailbox when the storm hit this morning - I forgot to ask my wife if they were OK, but I'll check and if there's a problem will let the traders know. There were also a couple packages I was holding where I asked the other trader to send first. I told my wife to go ahead and send them as soon as the mail starts moving again. I won't be able to mark anything received or leave feedback until Saturday night at the very earliest, so please don't worry if you don't see a trade marked received.

Chris
A couple pics my wife sent me:

[Image: chincharhouse.jpg]

Looking out our dining room window at the house directly north of us.

[Image: Emisroom.jpg]

Shards of glass from broken window in my daughter's room

[Image: Swingset.jpg]

Looking out our sliding deck door at our swingset blown back through the back privacy fence into the neighbor's yard.

[Image: officewindow.jpg]

Other window busted out & cracked siding...ironically this is our office and where I keep all my sports cards and stamp collection, and my wife keeps her scrapbooks. Luckily, they all survived.

[Image: debrisinfrontyard.jpg]

Misc debris littering our front yard (the dirt pile was there already...). Looks like the mail box survived - I can see the flag is still raised even!
Im glad to hear your family is ok. I have a 6 and a half month old daughter and wouldnt be freaked out if something like that happened.

Hey Chris, Glad your family and home for the most part is OK. The weather this year has been crazy bad. Take Care and stay safe up north.

BigT
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

Good luck CEO, the boards will be in dysfuction without you...
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(07-11-2011, 06:34 PM)ceocards Wrote: Just an FYI to my Beckett friends/traders...

My town of Urbana was hit very hard by winds or possibly a small tornado this morning (the 'experts' are still debating). I'm in Chicago for business this week, so I'm getting all the info from my wife.

Everyone in the town is OK, but there's a lot of damage. We were 'lucky' - we only lost a few windows, our swingset, and some misc. damage/debris. House next door completely lost its roof.

In any event, between being in Chicago, and the chaos at home, I will likely be offline for a few days...so if you need anything mod/site related, you'd be better served PMing floydtown or Xtreme.

As far as trades - there were a couple packages in my mailbox when the storm hit this morning - I forgot to ask my wife if they were OK, but I'll check and if there's a problem will let the traders know. There were also a couple packages I was holding where I asked the other trader to send first. I told my wife to go ahead and send them as soon as the mail starts moving again. I won't be able to mark anything received or leave feedback until Saturday night at the very earliest, so please don't worry if you don't see a trade marked received.

Chris
Hope all goes well plus insurance $$ to repair the damage. I see the siding took a hit a few feet from a gas? meter. Here the meters all have to be inoors in residential. That would be scary had that been hit. Would help you with paint & related items but to ship from NJ it would probably cost less to buy there.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Glad to hear everybody is safe and no major damage to your house. Take care of your family and your business. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Yeah i've been though several of those when i lived in florida for a few years. Glad all is well.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Sorry about your damages. Its good nobody got hurt in your home. Hopefully it was the same outcome for others on your block. The pic of the kids room and the swingset are the worst for me. When it gets better,rebuild that swingset Smile Hope your kids are okay and not too frightened.

[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

woah thats crazy, glad you and your family are safe, and the damage to your house wasn't as bad as it could have been.
i hope your insurance will help you get everything fixed up in a timely matter!

[Image: philliesguy2.png]
i collect phillies autographs.
i also collect robert andino & carmelo anthony.

Glad everyone is ok Chris.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

glad to hear you and and the family are ok...hope everything works out for you.
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends