`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help with a possible dumb question.

need help with a possible dumb question.
so im looking at purchasing a 1998-99 Finest No protector Dirk Nowitzki rookie. I have never personally owned a 1998-99 Finest card. My question ( and yes I may feel dumb when you respond). How do you know the difference between a No Protector paralell and a regular base card which someone has peeled the sticker off of? Is it notated on the card somewhere? Please lmk if you guys can help me out with this. Thanks

RE: need help with a possible dumb question.
the peeling has printing on it

The backs have a different level of gloss/sheen to them. If you have a regular card to compare with if the backs have the same shine then you have a regular one that's been peeled.

(07-05-2011, 12:34 AM)jalen5122 Wrote: the peeling has printing on it
+1
WANTED: Indian Larry American Biker Auto
[Image: 1393873061.jpg]
http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/Seaw0lf/library/

Hello,

From the few 1998-99 Finest I have, the Protected Finest have the film with finest protector peel and remove. The back is a normal paper card back. The non-protected cards have no finest protector and have a chrome back same as the front of the card. So, if someone peels the protected finest it's back will still be a paper back and you will know it has been peeled. Hope this helps

(07-05-2011, 07:25 AM)dennisdrcards Wrote: Hello,

From the few 1998-99 Finest I have, the Protected Finest have the film with finest protector peel and remove. The back is a normal paper card back. The non-protected cards have no finest protector and have a chrome back same as the front of the card. So, if someone peels the protected finest it's back will still be a paper back and you will know it has been peeled. Hope this helps
That's what I was trying to explain. Thanks for making it clearer than I did. I think some people aren't understanding that the OP is asking how to tell the difference if the front coating has been peeled.

(07-05-2011, 07:25 AM)dennisdrcards Wrote: Hello,

Thanks alot for the help guys! I just kept looking at scans of both on the bay and i just could not for the life of me tell the difference other than one just looked like it had its protector peeled off. Thanks again for the great responses.

(07-05-2011, 08:30 PM)banjoman10000 Wrote: Thanks alot for the help guys! I just kept looking at scans of both on the bay and i just could not for the life of me tell the difference other than one just looked like it had its protector peeled off. Thanks again for the great responses.
This is my first time using the attachments on the forum, but I had two of the same card, one being no protector. These were scanned with the same settings. The one that looks darker is because it's glossier and that's how it looks with the shine, that's the no protector. However, when I was younger, I THOUGHT you were supposed to peel the film off of the front. Sad
I could only get one of the attachments to work, so I threw them in photobucket.

[Image: scan0638.jpg]

[Image: scan0640.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards