`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun mail day!

Fun mail day!
I sort of gave up on finding Josh Hamilton autos for trade and bought 2 on Ebay. One arrived today with my Ryan Howard purchase. I had also talked to a guy about his vintage collection and bought a couple of his cards just because they are super cool to own. (The two 1956 cards) Anyway, this was a fun day, see scans below!

[Image: JoshHamiltonAuto.jpg]

[Image: JoshHamiltonRCPSA9.jpg]

[Image: RyanHowardAutoPSA9.jpg]

[Image: JoshHamiltonGUJersey.jpg]

[Image: AndreJohnsonGUJersey199.jpg]

[Image: AndreJohnsonGUJersey100.jpg]

And my new favorite cards I own, just because I am a baseball history nut.....

[Image: 1956JackieRobinsonFront.jpg]

[Image: 1956JackieRobinsonBack.jpg]

[Image: 1956HankAaronFront.jpg]

[Image: 1956HankAaronBack.jpg]

The Hank Aaron is an UER- the smaller pic is actually Willie Mays, lol!

Overall, a really fun mail day! (Sorry- all PC, just sharing.)

RE: Fun mail day!
Nice vintage bro! Love the Aaron!
[Image: mdavison.jpg]
[Image: PCcards001.jpg]

Yeah, I had posted on here earlier today about his collection. That guy had a crazy vintage collection. He had NINE of these Hank Aarons and FOUR of the Jackie Robinsons!
On a side note, for anyone looking- any ideas on what these would grade out to? (Ballpark?) They aren't great, but they're not 1's either.... I am thinking of getting them graded for protection purposes mostly- the 1956 Topps are slightly wider than modern cards and don't fit in penny sleeves or magnetic one-touches......

Nice! I want one!! I sent you an open offer. We just might have to agree on the condition if you're willing to trade. -Mike
I just PM'd you a link to a PSA graded card from the same set. Maybe that's about the grade. PM me back on your thoughts.
[Image: mdavison.jpg]
[Image: PCcards001.jpg]

Holy jeez those are some nice vintage cards! based on the BV do you think you got a pretty good deal? Either way, nice vintage!
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

If you dont mind sharing what did those cost you? I work at a card shop and we just got in a 55 Robinson in EX-Mint or better, pretty sick card as are yours.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

Well, the guy I got them from had absolutely no idea what he had. He was trying to sell his entire collection. I helped him out a bit, but didn't really have the means to buy the whole thing, I was outbid buy a large dealer. Either way, he sold these to me for $100 as a thank you. I picked out my favorite 2. I didn't feel good about taking a Mantle from him, so I took these since he had 4 of the Jackie Robinsons and 9 of the Aarons. I have always wanted vintage cards of these 2, so it was a pretty good day for me!

That GQ Hamilton looks pretty neat...... Tongue
That Jackie is all sorts of nice. Congrats!
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

Very nice, the vintage looks in pretty good condition.