Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay Alternatives??

eBay Alternatives??
Hello everyone,
I am sure that this question has been posted a million times but, I am just curious as I am sure millions of others are too, are there any other sites that even come close to the traffic that they get? You would think by now that Google or even Facebook would at least give it an effort. Both of these certainly have enough traffic so why not even give it an effort. I am just curious of anyone has any luck selling anywhere else.

RE: eBay Alternatives??
no one gets as close in terms of traffic. all other major sites comprise about 15% of ebay's traffic. there was a competitor, but they have long since shuttered their doors

Sports card bin . com (remove spaces) was started recenlty by the president of another tradesite, and i have purchased and sold a few things there.

It's not big yet, but nothing will compare to eBay as long as collectors refuse to invest a little time and patience into a new site
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

I posted something similar to your thread yesterday. I was asking about this site I found while searching on Google called webstore.com. Its a free buying, selling auction site very similar to ebay except there are no listing fees for sellers so the auction prices are actually less because of no fees. I signed up last night and so far it seems pretty cool. A few other people verified that it was a legit site before I signed up, just in case you were wondering. Traffic is not as huge as ebay, but I searched sports card collectibles and there was almost 1/2 million items listed.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

I have bought and sold on a website called sportlots.com for years. It is a great site if you are looking to sell a lot of common cards or are looking for cards to finish a set.

I signed up for a site that planned on being an ebay competitor, and it even offered free listings and sales for awhile. After a year or so, it just seemed to become abandoned. Management locked the message board and just quit doing anything with it. I think I have something like 5000 cards and other items for sale there.

I've actually had a few sales there since the management left, including as recently as March. All the listings are still free, but there doesn't seem to be anyone running it anymore.

It hasn't been mentioned here, but I just want to caution about completely free sites, as they can very easily just disappear if the people running them aren't getting anything out of it.

(07-09-2011, 09:14 PM)dpatera Wrote: It hasn't been mentioned here, but I just want to caution about completely free sites, as they can very easily just disappear if the people running them aren't getting anything out of it.
thanks for the heads up.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]