`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awesome 90s Mailday....

Awesome 90s Mailday....
Well I am one of those 30somethings who is trying to go back in time and recollect the sweet inserts from the 90s..specifically A-Rod for now..

Just got this beauty in the mail...had to pay 2x Beckett value to get it..

[Image: ArodCred.jpg]
[Image: arod.gif]

RE: Awesome 90s Mailday....
Very sweet card! I love the 90's!
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(06-29-2011, 07:58 PM)arod1973 Wrote: Well I am one of those 30somethings who is trying to go back in time and recollect the sweet inserts from the 90s..specifically A-Rod for now..

Just got this beauty in the mail...had to pay 2x Beckett value to get it..

[Image: ArodCred.jpg]
I'm inserting my Garciaparra PC from the late 90s/early 2000s in right now and love the 90s inserts. It's enough to push me to start picking up some of his old inserts again. I really wish I collected those E-X cards back then as they are simply amazing looking cards.

I met Nomar when he was with the Cubs...Great guy..wish injuries didn't cut him down...

I tried to pick up the Frank Thomas like this one..but it too went for 2x book and didn't have enough after picking up the A-Rod

awesome pickup, i'm semi sorta doing the same thing with griffey and have paid over book value plenty of times in the last month or so. kinda crazy
no org, please do not send trade requests

(06-29-2011, 08:38 PM)michaelstepper Wrote: awesome pickup, i'm semi sorta doing the same thing with griffey and have paid over book value plenty of times in the last month or so. kinda crazy
I'm sure lots of people get nostalgic but on the other hand, inserts from the 90s blow away anything that's come out in the last 8-10 years in regards to design/appearance. The whole GU and AU fad just made the companies lazy in that department in my opinion.

Love the 90's inserts. That is a nice looking card!
I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.

nice pick up. I've been looking for the Chippers from that set with no luck so far. The 90s inserts rule!
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

its great to see so many collectors having fun again with the older inserts...its my kind of vintage..LOL

I think beckett has the older 90's inserts to low in value as alot sell for over 2x beckett value. As for Derek Jeter I use the 3 times rule as I have seen his sell for 5 to 10 times book value. Just look at the 1996 Topps big earlier this year it was listed at $5.00 and now its over $50.00. This is the same with his 1993 Front Row Gold early this year it was $5.00 now its well over $100.00. These are just two examples I will use. Congrats on your grab. I have an Arod you would love its the 2011 Topps Platinum 1/1 card.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]