`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dumb?

dumb?
can someone tell me what is a white whale?
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

RE: dumb?
(06-29-2011, 05:30 PM)bman12 Wrote: can someone tell me what is a white whale?
It's when a blue whale is surrounded by a lot of sharks. The blue whale gets scared and turns white.

....It's another name for a #1/1 card that Topps made up from their Triple Threads product.

It's pretty much a term used for a card that may have personal significance to someone and is one that they are possibly having a difficult time finding. When they finally get it, someone might say they landed their whale, or so on.

lol thanks i have a bid on one on ebay not sure if its my whale but it is a nice card will post pic if i win.and again thanks for the help.
[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

Slufan is right but I think the more specific answer was nailed by cjm. It looks a lot like a printing plate imo
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

It's a reference to Moby Dick. Captain Ahab was chasing the only thing that had ever eluded him, a white whale.

(06-29-2011, 06:21 PM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: It's a reference to Moby Dick. Captain Ahab was chasing the only thing that had ever eluded him, a white whale.
Ding Ding Ding Winner!!!

Mrs. CEOCards is an English/Literature college instructor, so she has schooled me in the fine arts more than any guy should be...

I was gonna jump in with that bit of trivia, but you beat me to it!

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

lol.. i always thought it was an odd term but knew the reference. ugly cards in my opinion
no org, please do not send trade requests

(06-29-2011, 05:35 PM)cjm8 Wrote: It's when a blue whale is surrounded by a lot of sharks. The blue whale gets scared and turns white.

....It's another name for a #1/1 card that Topps made up from their Triple Threads product.
lol and a superfracter is superman on a tractor Tongue
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

(06-29-2011, 06:32 PM)ceocards Wrote: Ding Ding Ding Winner!!!

Mrs. CEOCards is an English/Literature college instructor, so she has schooled me in the fine arts more than any guy should be...

I was gonna jump in with that bit of trivia, but you beat me to it!
I have to use that Bachelor of Arts in English degree from Eastern Washington University for something.