`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vintage Card Feedback Needed

Vintage Card Feedback Needed
My uncle dropped off an old box of vintage today, no real big names but was hoping someone on here who knew more about vintage could give me some feedback on these two. I know they're pretty rough, but still a box of about 100 cards or so all similar in style and condition to these two. I don't know much about vintage so I am hoping someone out there can help me out with a little knowledge. Again feedback and comments welcome, I got the cards for free so I won't be offended.

Thanks,

[Image: LemonAlouVintage.jpg]
[Image: LemonAlouVintageBacks.jpg]
[Image: Sports_guy21_Beckett-Banner.png]

RE: Vintage Card Feedback Needed

I would say the Bob Lemon is 1958 in poor condition because of the tare and wrinkles and tape
the Alou is a 1959 same condition due to the take aon the back very rounded corners.
sorry to give you bad news. But they would be good set fillers thats about it
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

(06-22-2011, 10:53 PM)waynetalger Wrote: I would say the Bob Lemon is 1958 in poor condition because of the tare and wrinkles and tape
the Alou is a 1959 same condition due to the take aon the back very rounded corners.
sorry to give you bad news. But they would be good set fillers thats about it
Thanks for the quick feedback, I didn't think I had anything of great value...It looked as if the collection was pretty poorly cared for. Haven't decided what to do with the stack just quite yet. Thanks again.

yeah condition seems pretty rough on them, I'd just hang onto them
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

Both are poor but you can't beat the price Smile
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

I agree with the above posters on the card conditions. However, I still think it's pretty cool to have a bunch of these vintage cards, regardless of the condition. It's good history, both for the sport and the hobby!
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

I collect vintage. If I see something in that condition I don't have for a good price,I pick them up till I can find one in better shape. When I find a better one I try to get what I can in trade.I agree about the history.Thats why I like vintage.

Thanks to all for the great feedback. I have never collected vintage, but after receiving this stack of cards I am looking back at some of my all-time favorites that I never got a chance to watch and might start collecting some vintage.

Would love to get my hands on a Brooks Robinson rookie for sure!

I love those 50's and 60's cards you can get for a few bucks a piece just to admire the history of them. Even if they are rough, hold on to them and enjoy! Pass on to the kids, educate the future!
[Image: KingsSig2.jpg]
Looking for Lincecum, Wilson, Greenberg, Donte Greene, Kings and Giants