Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Most Memorable Moment
Big Grin 
Most Memorable Moment
well since i cant remember the first home run at my first game, here are my two most memorable baseball moments.

1) Neftali Feliz striking out A-Rod (buckling his knees at a slider) to win the ALCS yaaaaay!

2) Nolan showing robin ventura whos boss Wink

what are ya'lls favorite most memorable moments?
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

RE: Most Memorable Moment
(02-19-2011, 11:42 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: Nolan showing robin ventura whos boss Wink
A friend of mine has a 8x10 picture of that signed via IP of Nolan framed in his house. Every time I go there I smile at it. That was a great time. He proved old timers can still lock it down.........
[Image: fgdfdgdfgdfgdf.jpg]
CARD COUNT: (Met cards - 15655)      (Piazza - 1610)      (Wright - 759)

Mine would be August 10, 1971 "age 8" @ the Metropolitan Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Harmon Killebrew blasted the 500th and 501st home runs of his career in an extra inning losing effort versus the Orioles.

I also have the coffee mug that was given out that day.

[Image: 500-cup.jpg][Image: 500-cup1.jpg]

Killebrew Fast Facts....

Did you know that "the Killer" played from 1954 through 1975 and was never ejected from a single game?

On June 3, 1967, Harmon Killebrew hit a home run against the Angels that traveled six rows into Metropolitan Stadium's upper deck in left field. The three run shot traveled five-hundred thirty feet and hit a seat with such force it broke the back. The Twins painted the seat bright orange and never sold it again!

At the end of the 1967 season, Harmon Killebrew had hit three-hundred eighty home runs and was thirty-one years old, which is more long balls than Babe Ruth had at the same age!
I collect: Harmon "KILLER" Killebrew, Tony Oliva, Kirby Puckett, Kent Hrbek & 1960-70's Minn Vikings
My PhotoBucket

(02-20-2011, 12:52 AM)86champs Wrote: A friend of mine has a 8x10 picture of that signed via IP of Nolan framed in his house. Every time I go there I smile at it. That was a great time. He proved old timers can still lock it down.........
yeah my dad got me a big thing of nolan with ventura in a head lock and a couple of other classic ranger- ryan photos (bloody lip & mid pitch) and it has his career stats in the middle. Maybe some day Ill figure out how to get it auto'd

54killebrew74- i didnt know all that about him thats alot of cool facts!
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

Milton Bradley 3-run, 2-out walkoff homer to lift the A's over the Blue Jays in 2006 at McAfee Coliseum in Oakland...the place went nuts. Even more impressive was Mark Kotsay's at bat right before him (11 or so pitches to force a walk).
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Being at Turner Field for the season opener last year when J-Hey hit a 3 run homer in his 1st at bat

The crowd went crazy
My Bucket - w/ PC & Up For Sale Scans (NOT BACK UP TO DATE YET)

(02-20-2011, 12:52 AM)86champs Wrote: A friend of mine has a 8x10 picture of that signed via IP of Nolan framed in his house. Every time I go there I smile at it. That was a great time. He proved old timers can still lock it down.........

That was awesome!!
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

endy chavez's catch in the nlcs. i still claim its top 5 catches of all time even though we lost the game
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

(02-21-2011, 08:51 PM)gherkin1496 Wrote: endy chavez's catch in the nlcs. i still claim its top 5 catches of all time even though we lost the game
I was there for that and I remember the feeling after that catch that there was no way we were going to lose. Cue Adam Wainright lol

I was also at Shea for Todd Pratt's series clinching HR v.s. the D-Backs in '99.

And also Robin Ventura's grand slam "single". The Ventura story was a good one. It was a Sunday afternoon and back then, me and my friends were at the bar every Sunday to watch the NFL games. So we get there and are settling in for the 1 o'clock games when another one of our friends comes in and offers tickets to the game. Now at the time the Mets were down 3 games to 1 so the dilemma that faced my best friend and I was, did we want to see the Mets get eliminated live or should we just stay at the bar and watch the games. Well since the tickets were field level, we decided to just go to the game lol And so we went and it was probably the best game I've ever been to.
Baseball- 2019 Allen and Ginter and Topps Chrome Inserts. Fernando Tatis Jr. and New York Mets.

Hockey - Auston Matthews. 2019-20 Upper Deck Young Guns and Insert Sets. New York Islanders.

1) I was at Craig Biggio's 3000th hit game, it was an amazing feeling. Especially when he brought Bagwell out onto the field with him.

2) I was at the playoff game where Pujols launched that homerun that basically killed the game for the Astros. That moment is when Lidge lost his mojo here in Houston. The crowd was so quiet you could seriously hear yourself think.
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index