`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Where is Larsen? Thread

RE: Where is Larsen? Thread
(05-23-2011, 08:35 AM)philliesguy Wrote: wow, this is nothing short of amazing!
whats the story behind the card??
I received this card at one point from a fellow claiming it was gold ink. Turns out it was extremely faded and nearly gone. Anyway it was traded to another at a discount and that trader decided the card was not worth anything. He raised a little fuss and wanted his value back, then it was a chain of people wanting there value back cause we had all felt a little shafted down the line. Anyway, I compensated and stopped the mess. Then the new owner logged his states initials on it and RUINED the card the madness. He then started a thread and said the card would be included in his next trade and who ever had it after that should keep it going. It would be included at no charge to the next trader and so on. Then the new trader would initial his state, country, etc and pass it on. Some have even taken it on trips with them and have pics with monuments, ballparks, etc. Its an amazing thing really. It seemed silly at first but now that its been going it is amazing. Its a shame someone may be holding the card now though. I never even got it back to initial it.

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I just saw this thread for the first time. I LOVE IT!

For those who are "sickened" by doing this to a card or an auto card, etc..., I say you have lost what the hobby is truly about and have bought into the hobby as a business mentality. Collecting cards is about having fun. We have all seemed to be programmed these days to worry so much about condition and rarity and value in our collections when that isn't what it's about. Remember all the kids in the 50s using cards in their bicycle spokes? That was great. (And I understand the irony that treating cards like this has in part resulted in the rarity and high cost of these cards today by limiting the number of cards that survived.) Kids should have fun with their cards and so should we. Let's get rid of the business side of things and just enjoy the cards. If we aren't worried about how much a card is worth, then we aren't worried about what happens to it or what condition it is in. I think using a Sweet Spot card just helps hammer home the point that this hobby should be about fun, much more so than if they had used a base card for this.

Ummm anyone heard from Larsen?
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

Has anyone seen the larsen card or know who has it?

is he gone? maybe we start a new Larsen up?
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

Any new word/travels on Larsen?

Someone stole larsen...thats garbage.

I never got my turn to have Larsen one last day! saw this post and had forgotten all about it.
Just to refresh everybody's memory here is a scan of when I had it.
[Image: winfieldlarsen-1.jpg]
Not very good scan, but then again not much better in person. lol
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

I love the line about it being a "gold ink" sig.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Larsen is still missing!