`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
2011 Certified Question

2011 Certified Question
So I bought 6 boxes and in the last box EVERY base card has a different background than the "normal" base cards. In this box the background on every base is the same as the 1/1's but none of them are stamped to any number. They all look like this 1/1....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Certified-P...45fee4a832

Anyone know about this variation????

Thanks for the help!

RE: 2011 Certified Question
it's called a "Platinum box" ..... every once in a while someone will bust a box and every card is "holographic" and #d (usually to 999) ..... congrats those are hard to come by Smile

(12-03-2011, 06:39 PM)pbean Wrote: it's called a "Platinum box" ..... every once in a while someone will bust a box and every card is "holographic" and #d (usually to 999) ..... congrats those are hard to come by Smile
Thanks Bean! But none are numbered, and the ones that are numbered were the mirror gold, blue, and red... and they do not have the Holographic" background. I was checking the Bay and there is not a single one on there that has the holographic background that isnt #1/1. At least I did not see any.
(12-03-2011, 06:42 PM)glies2004 Wrote: Thanks Bean! But none are numbered, and the ones that are numbered were the mirror gold, blue, and red... and they do not have the Holographic" background. I was checking the Bay and there is not a single one on there that has the holographic background that isnt #1/1. At least I did not see any.
Actually I looked at them again and even the GOLD Tony Romo /25, the 2 Mirror Blue, and the Mirror Red's I received in this box all have that "Holographic" background also.

The Platinums are only found in Hot Boxes. This is the second year Panini has made them. Last year EVERY card was numbered in the Hot Boxes. Not this year. Also, only found in the Hotboxes are the Platinum Mirrors. Usually 1 in 8 boxes is a Hot Box.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(12-03-2011, 07:05 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: The Platinums are only found in Hot Boxes. This is the second year Panini has made them. Last year EVERY card was numbered in the Hot Boxes. Not this year. Also, only found in the Hotboxes are the Platinum Mirrors. Usually 1 in 8 boxes is a Hot Box.
Got lucky this year, 2 of the 4 I busted were the platinum boxes, does anyone know if Panini issued a stated print run?

(12-03-2011, 07:05 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: The Platinums are only found in Hot Boxes. This is the second year Panini has made them. Last year EVERY card was numbered in the Hot Boxes. Not this year. Also, only found in the Hotboxes are the Platinum Mirrors. Usually 1 in 8 boxes is a Hot Box.
Great info! Thanks! Even though I wouldnt concider it a hot box as there was only one auto in it, however it was numbered /5. It was a Shirts of my Back Kyle Rudolph.