`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
*Checklist revised 9/20/14

I want to continue this Signature Rookie 8x10 player photo discussion before I present submissions for 1995 and 1996. I feel that I need to clarify information before I go further.

First off, I want to explain how to tell the difference between a typical 1995 and 1996 SR 8x10 photograph, in case anyone is curious, since they look similar.

[Image: KGrHqJpIFCDQeSgsBQjBWMkL60_57_zps818b068e.jpg][Image: KGrHqVrcFHrEdg9kBR9WjWG8b60_57_zps39bc21fd.jpg]

Simply, the name letters are yellow for the 1995s while the 1996 ones are red.

The 1995 and 1996 photos do have several similarities.

Firstly, it seems that some of these 8x10s have both autographed and non-autographed versions of the same player.

Secondly, some of these photos have SR holographic authentication stickers on the front and in more rare cases reportedly, the back. I have seen holograms that are square, round and, in at least in one case, oval in shape. I have seen many examples of different photos of the same player having both square and round shapes of holograms affixed.

Thirdly, I have seen many photos listed online with accompanying COAs and others not, again the same player in some instances. Whether some were intentionally or carelessly issued with COAs and others not by the company, or if the COAs were simply lost by the owner sometimes, is uncertain. Both explanations are plausible and it could also easily be a mixture of both.

As in the case for both years, not all player 8x10 autos have the same unilateral print run denominations either according to the respective COAs.

If anyone by chance from the Beckett staff is reading this, please allow me to offer my suggestions as to the easiest way of cataloging these photos in to the OPG. If it was me I would simply list the examples that I will provide as autographed, non-autographed or provide two listings in both versions are confirmed to exist. The shape of the holograms and the status of the COAs should be ignored as well IMHO. Sticker/hologram variations due not constitute true variations (again IMHO) in most cases, although some will disagree with me there.

Just for my own amusement I compiled a big checklist of these 1995 and 1996 photos, both autographed and not, from online sources. I have done this periodically through the past couple years and have continually added data to the list. All these examples are ones that I can confirm do exist since I personally have seen every single example. I will not state that these checklists are complete however I would argue both are relatively close to it. Additional submissions which are found later could always be added.

I am going to devote this post to the 1995 versions and I will cover the 1996 ones later on.

1995 Signature Rookies Tetrad Autobilia Autographed Photos (# 3,000m)

In all fairness these are already OPG listed, however there are a few omissions and others listed that I do not think should be. I am only going to be covering football but those of basketball and baseball do exist as well since these photos are multi-sport as with the 1994 set. I will do my best to tackle this now.

In the main standard size multi-sport Tetrad Autobilia set cards 55-70, 75-76, and 80-84 have football players featured.

The four players who are not featured in the main set but have autographed photos produced of them are John Sacca, Zach Wiegert, Rodney Thomas, and Allen Williams. Also, Wiegert and Williams non-autographed versions are out there as well. The photo for Allen Williams has his name misspelled “Alan” on the front which is amusing when you compare it to his signature next to it. These four instances are very similar to the Tetrad Autobilia phone cards, which somewhat loosely parallels the same main set, but not exactly, which I discussed on this thread not too long ago.

[Image: jm4851.jpg]

Conversely I could not find 8x10 photos of 9 players from this set: # 62 Frank Sanders, # 64 Steve Stenstrom, # 67 Bobby Taylor, # 68 Michael Westbrook, # 69 Rashaan Salaam, # 80 Kerry Collins, # 82 Steve McNair, # 83 Errict Rhett (more on him later), and # 84 Eric Zeier. I for one have been looking for Kerry Collins items on and off for 15 years now and I would be in utter shock if a photo of him, autographed or not, exists in this set. I would recommend removing the aforementioned 9 players altogether from the OPG photo checklist until any examples are found (which I doubt will be).

Here is the breakdown of the current checklist of the main 8x10 photo set that look like the example that I previously provided:

# 55 Dave Barr AUTO
# 56 Brandon Bennett AUTO
# 57 Kyle Brady AUTO, NON-AUTO
# 58 Kevin Carter AUTO, NON-AUTO
# 59 Terrell Davis AUTO
# 60 Luther Ellis AUTO, NON-AUTO
# 61 Jack Jackson AUTO
# 63 Ki-Jana Carter NON-AUTO
# 65 James A. Stewart AUTO
# 66 James O. Stewart AUTO
# 70 Ray Zellars AUTO, NON-AUTO
# 75 J.J. Stokes AUTO
# 76 Sherman Williams AUTO
# 81 Joey Galloway AUTO

The OPG states that 3,000 autographed copies exist for each photo, which is seemingly true for the ones that do exist, with the exception of Jack Jackson which is 3,500. This is based on the ones that had accompanying COAs that I know about so there may be others which have more or less than 3,000.

I also want to show you other oddball examples that do not fall in to the category above. All the following have print runs of 3,000 as well, I believe.

[Image: B4HRqUwCWkKGrHqVg0E70qfBYTBMon5IeOQ_12_zpsd3457856.jpg][Image: T2eC16R8E9s4l7bUmBQWdQippDg60_57_zpscb00a3d4.jpg][Image: _572_zps125210a6.jpg][Image: CFQwJ7WkKGrHqUOKiME0ovYhhBNUgDSMKE_121.jpg]

You will notice that the SR logo in the lower left corner looks different from the main set. The Ki-Jana Carter, Craig Newsome and two Rashaan Salaams are the only ones that I have discovered so far that look like this (for football).

Lastly, there is also an Errict Rhett out there which very possibly affiliated from the same Tetrad Autobilia set…or maybe not.

[Image: KGrHqJh4E6GntFnUQBOt-OUCKg60_57_zpsd68438b4.jpg]

This is odd because he is featured in an NFL uniform while all the others are featured in their college ones.

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by nittany13 - 08-15-2014, 11:09 PM