`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
My normal 1998 Cleo here has browned a little, it should be jet white also. The font of the player name is slight different also. Also the copyright, the 1998 normal has a 1999 copyright, perhaps there are two normal Cleo copyright versions?. (I tried to produce a meteorite calendar once, and the problem with calenders/cards and selling to the mass market, the ones in the store...were bought over a year in most case. So off copyright years is common.)

I was wondering on the stickers. If memory serves me correct, the players did not all match perfectly from the boxes, I think not all qbs have stickers...but maybe it was the other way around. I suppose they should be listed as I have or had? quite a few Steve Youngs I had gotten from collections, meaning people did save them with their cards. No reason not to label them.

[Image: 1998-Cleo-Pack-1b_zps6c6f6ad7.jpg]
I have several others if I can think of all of them, it's been a while since I have messed with my Young stuff.

Okay, how about this one.....Beckett does list the 1996 Highland Mint Coins, but I am not aware of listed variation....here are a couple Steve Young Bronze. Note, one of them, has one of the 90s era NFL properties holograms, and one box does not.

[Image: 1996HighlandMintSteveYoungBronze01b.jpg]

The coin backs are different also...
[Image: 1996HighlandMintSteveYoungBronze01c.jpg]

I also sold a 1996 Jerry Rice, issued in the three coin set with Young and Montana, and believe it was a variation coin also. It had updated stats.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by mbostick - 07-04-2014, 04:25 PM