`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
radarblip Wrote:Thrill, thanks for the new images. I thought, when looking at the overlaping pic that the card that you are saying is cropped was just a slightly larger image(1-2% larger). Now that I can compair them seperated, it looks as though the foil is just moved. Probably has to do with the feeding machine not grabbing every sheet the same way.

Onion, the greenwell is definately two different settings. The first photo might even be a proof setting. The background image was brought into focus in pic 2. The foil was probably tracking on the background image.

Onion again, the Bowman McGwire cards. I don't believe these are airbrushed. Its a seperate printing and the contrast was brought up and the image was slightly reduced in size making a sharper image.

All is just my opinion...Mel

The card has different photo croppings. It isn't due to the foil being moved. I just received my uncut sheet of 1992 Bowman (unfoiled) foil players and most players appear on both groups (there are 2 separate groupings per sheet) with some only appearing on one or the other group (these are the cards that used to carry the SP designation in the beckett years ago). Since these sheets are pre-foiling treatment I can see the images perfectly and they are indeed two separate croppings.

I am not sure about the 1990 Bowman McGwire but there was two different printings that year. I have over 50 different variations that clearly involve airbrushing of buttons, folds, light posts, clouds and even uniform color. There is a scan of the Matt Williams uniform airbrushing a page or two back.

Messages In This Thread
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 02-19-2008, 01:01 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by The BGS & PSA9 Collector, ThoseBackPages - 02-19-2008, 01:07 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken Collector - 02-19-2008, 03:58 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by jacksoncoupage - 02-23-2008, 11:30 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 03-05-2008, 11:58 AM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Dale Murphy Collector - 03-06-2008, 01:22 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by www*amazingheroes*com - 04-25-2008, 01:51 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by CALRIPKENJRCOLLECTOR - 05-23-2008, 08:17 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by detroittigerfan1976 - 05-23-2008, 08:43 PM
The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread! - by Therion (The Sanguinary Strosfan) - 06-05-2008, 07:54 AM