Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What was 2011 Topps Update like?

RE: What was 2011 Topps Update like?
IIRC
Harper was hyped, highly touted and had a jump on Trout. Harper was the big name Rookie phenom and Trout flew in under the radar but ended up stealing the show while Harper really did not take off until 2012.
Pulling 21 Trout RCs from 2011 Update that year really did not seem like a big deal, until the 2012 season. There were questions regarding if the 2011 ROY could follow up with a successful 2nd season and there was also a ton of speculation that Trout was going to come into spring training of 2012 overweight and out of shape. He proved them wrong and his RC cards started to take off. At $25 a piece, that seemed miraculous, but when the price doubled to $50 many people unloaded thinking they would sell it at the peak. Many rightfully did, never thinking in a million years it would eventually double, and triple, and so on. I traded one when it was at $50 and I was very happy at the time. I am sure my trade partner was eventually much happier with his side of the deal today Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Messages In This Thread
What was 2011 Topps Update like? - by Mattn520 - 04-25-2020, 06:37 PM
RE: What was 2011 Topps Update like? - by DrMitchJ - 04-26-2020, 10:38 PM