`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody bust any retail tins of Titanium?

Anybody bust any retail tins of Titanium?
Hey guys, like I've said before, I am a very average hockey fan and collector ... maybe a couple of blasters a season, no hobby stuff, etc., so I'm really only familiar with most of the star players and top rookies.

I saw some Titanium tins at my local Target the other day ... has anyone busted any of these or know the basic configuration, i.e. any hits, number of RCs per tin, etc.?

I'm pretty much looking for a MacKinnon or Hertl RC and don't want to waste my money if there isn't a legit chance of pulling one.

Thanks! RJ

RE: Anybody bust any retail tins of Titanium?
Each Retail Tin of Titanium comes with a Jumbo Rookie, a base set parallel cards (red or gold) a retail Rc /399. Base on the odds there are some of these tins that will have a G/U or Auto card. I busted 2 of these tins and only got the minimum (Jumbo, Rookie and Parallel)

Hopefully this helps you out.

Chris
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"

(02-12-2014, 07:04 PM)dark crawler88 Wrote: Each Retail Tin of Titanium comes with a Jumbo Rookie, a base set parallel cards (red or gold) a retail Rc /399. Base on the odds there are some of these tins that will have a G/U or Auto card. I busted 2 of these tins and only got the minimum (Jumbo, Rookie and Parallel)

Hopefully this helps you out.

Chris
That's awesome man, thanks.

i busted 3 tins and got an auto out of one of them

i also busted 3 tins. the results: 3 jumbos, 3 rookies /299, 1 red base /199, 1 red rc /99, 1 gold rc /10, but unfortunately no auto or gu. it is still a fun little break, but the base are a tad boring.
[Image: flyerssig.jpg]

I agree with the assessment that the base are a tad boring. But the RCs and the jumbos, as well as an auto or g/u in 1 out of 3 tins, make for a decent $20 expenditure. I have only bought one, and got the jumbo, RC and red parallel but I plan on picking up two more at some point.

And one other note. If I am not mistaken, the retail base are different than the hobby base. A different shade of grey, I believe. So if someone picks up a tin and decides they like the cards a lot, there won't be overlap if they then decide to get a few hobby boxes.

Good info guys, thanks.

Update ... so I bought the last two tins they had.

Two rookies/299 and two rookies/99 (I think, they're all scrubs).

The rest were all base.

So for $40, the best card I got was a Steven Stamkos base card.

Outstanding!

Suffice it to say, I will not be buying any more Titanium tins.

(02-17-2014, 09:19 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Update ... so I bought the last two tins they had.

Two rookies/299 and two rookies/99 (I think, they're all scrubs).
Who were they?

I have avoided these just because I like opening packs at this price point. It is the same as Ovation to me and I hated that product the last few years it was put out.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

I too would be interested in hearing who the rookies were. I am looking for a just a couple cards from this set.