`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is there any company lazier than Panini?

RE: Is there any company lazier than Panini?
I think the Rodgers card is different enough that they wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Similar? Yeah, they look similar, but I mean, there are Fleer designs from the 90's that are similar to Topps designs from around the same time. There are a couple of elements that are close, but they definitely aren't the same. The Rodgers card could even have been inspired by that set from Leaf, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Actually, it's how the card business goes, really. I mean, Panini Prizm could be considered a knock off of Topps Finest from the mid to late 90's, since they are close like those two cards.

As to the 00 issue, I am ok with it to a certain degree. Until you have actual pictures of the player in the team uniform, you can't really have a product with them wearing the team uniform. But, with the advent of Photoshop, you can make a realistic looking photo mashup that makes it look like they are in the uniform, and you can have the product out while you are making stuff with their actual uniforms. I mean, if you are complaining about the 00, and not the fact that the pictures of them actually were taken of them in their college uniform and then changed to look like they are in their new team's uniform, that's pretty darn good editing, IMO. I like seeing the player in the uniform, and the 00 shows me that it was a card from before the Rookie Premiere when they actually had a number. It gives the early cards, like Score, the ability to have the players look like they are in their drafted team's uniform, and have them out quickly. Later releases have them in their actual game day gear. I mean, if it's that big of an issue, you could just skip the products that have that in them, right? Or maybe just buy singles from them so you don't have to see the 00?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there any company lazier than Panini? - by bojesphob - 05-21-2013, 02:51 PM