`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
opening a factory sealed set to have card graded

RE: opening a factory sealed set to have card graded
(04-18-2013, 01:41 PM)jchavestx Wrote: You're looking at least $3,500 to get an entire set of 2012 Topps Football graded by BGS (440 cards). If you're gonna do that from a value standpoint, it wouldn't be worth it.

I dont even think a contest prize from the BGS registry would make up for the amount of debt you would accumulate while paying for grading fees for such a mammoth set.
I would do the 45 day service & wait until I have all of the short print cards unless I get the inch to have some graded. If you count all the short print cards for the 2012 Topps Football set there are 501 total cards but without the sp's there's 440 base cards with five factory sp's that comes in the set that you can buy on ebay or your local Wal - Mart for about $50.00.

Maybe it's just me but it really doesn't make sense to pay alot of extra money to have any given card(s) graded in a couple of days when you can be patient & the card(s) will get the same grade that it would if you got it graded in a shorter amount of time. I am not telling anyone what they should do this is JMO.

Messages In This Thread
RE: opening a factory sealed set to have card graded - by cowboy1501 - 04-18-2013, 03:03 PM