`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
did superstorm sandy change card collecting

RE: did superstorm sandy change card collecting
Honestly, some of these comments disgust me. I live in an area affected by the storm and I believe it was a SUPERSTORM. I know I live in NY and not Florida or another place that gets hit with hurricanes often but this seemed pretty bad to me. I didn't lose anything, except power for 2 weeks. I was one of the few lucky ones in my area and the surrounding areas. There was not too much rain and the wind wasn't extremely strong, but the surge was what did most of the damage. In my area, which is in flood zone B, and was not evacuated or predicted to have much damage, got hit really hard. At least 80% of the cars are totaled, towtrucks cant get them out fast enough! (Somehow my cars didn't get damaged but my neighbors got flooded and totaled) There are still a bunch on sidewalks, in the streets, against poles, that you can see the residue in. In the other areas, flood zone A, people lost everything. All my friends and family in my neighborhood and zone A neighborhoods lost just about everything. All you see is furniture, rugs, and all other stuff that people had to get rid of, in the streets. It is such a sad sight. Stores by me still aren't open and I don't think they will open for a while. We were ready for this storm too. What can you do? People had sandbags, their houses boarded up, and parked their cars at a higher elevation. They still had no luck.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

Messages In This Thread
RE: did superstorm sandy change card collecting - by ja1091 - 11-16-2012, 08:13 PM