`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graded card - "cannot be authenticated"

RE: Graded card - "cannot be authenticated"
Were BVG's actual words "cannot tell if its authentic."? I know the vintage graders at Beckett well enough and they are all very adept at identifying doctored and authentic cards and a Gehrig of any issue is not beyond their capabilities. Guessing you still have the card and Beckett's documentation? Just for my own education and curiosity, it would be great to see either or both.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

Almost positive it simply said "cannot authenticate". Not "fake" or "not authentic".....CANNOT authenticate.

I thought the same thing Coimbre........why can't they tell me for sure one way or the other?

Collecting HOF Vint-Rooks-GU-autos + Musial and other Cardinals

Bucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd387/SchlueterLaw/

[Image: MusialCollageSmall.jpg]

(07-09-2012, 07:10 PM)mikeschlueter783 Wrote: Almost positive it simply said "cannot authenticate". Not "fake" or "not authentic".....CANNOT authenticate.

I thought the same thing Coimbre........why can't they tell me for sure one way or the other?
I may have found a valid response . . . I mentioned this to the owner of a local shop, which also happens to have a very good relationship with some of the Beckett staff. He said that based on experience, it was probably a fake but for liability reasons Beckett will only state that it could not be authenticated. Sounded plausible to me and fortunately, it sounds like you got your $$ back.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

Huh!? Im a lawyer and I (unfortunately) have to tell people they got cheated or "are screwed" all the time. I don't say "I'm not sure if you were cheated" or "you might or might NOT have gotten screwed". Who'd pay me for THAT advise?
Oh well. Still out the $100 rush mail back and forth. Wish they woudl have asked if I really needed the overnight back once they knew they were not going to authenticate.
But yes.......better than being out the $300 I paid.

THANKS a lot for checking on it!
Collecting HOF Vint-Rooks-GU-autos + Musial and other Cardinals

Bucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd387/SchlueterLaw/

[Image: MusialCollageSmall.jpg]