`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Been waiting on this Michael Jordan MAIL DAY....a little UPSET! PLEASE BEWARE!!

RE: Been waiting on this Michael Jordan MAIL DAY....a little UPSET! PLEASE BEWARE!!
(03-25-2012, 08:26 PM)Num1Monroefan Wrote: Threatening the seller with negative feedback if you don't get your way is called extortion period. Ebay always sides with the other member if feedback extortion is used and will ALWAYS remove negative feedbacks when extortion is used.

This is probably the longest rant from an iPad...lol

xtreaminsanity, I think I got you on this one..lol

Be advised: this whole rant isn't directed towards anyone in particular just so you and everyone else knows...it's Tuesday but feels like a Monday in my life as an Army Soldier...lol

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO VIEW THE AUCTIONS BEFORE YOU TRY TO MAKE A POINT THAT REALLY ISN'T GOING TO MATTER TO ME ANYWAY.

THOSE WHO ARE POSTING COMMENTS BEFORE READING WHAT WAS ALREADY POSTED ON HERE. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME READING ANYMORE PLEASE. SOME ARE TOO LAZY TO READ LONG POSTS THEREFORE THEY POST STUFF THAT WAS ALREADY EXPLAINED...THANKS AND SORRY FOR THIS RANT..LOL

MOST OF THE AUCTIONS STATED THE CARDS WERE IN MINT CONDITION..(false advertising? ) Same as stealing maybe?..I would say so.

ANYWAY,,,

So if a SELLER states in the auction (which you see in most auctions):

"If you bid and do not pay, eBay will be notified and a NEGATIVE feedback will be left" then that is okay and not considered "extortion" as you would put it?

How is this different than a BUYER telling the SELLER to refund my $$ or I'll do the same? LMFAO...I don't know, maybe my perspective is different than some. Still doesn't make me a MEAN person who "extorts" people to get what they want.

I have 260+ transactions with a 100% feedback and this was the first time something like this has happened and I got upset. Especially with the stories you hear about people screwing others out of money for false/fake crap. Kinda like STEALING if you ask me no????

I would say I have enough knowledge to know what I paid for and what was actually RECIEVED, like I said, I'm not an idiot...But I can be picky at times as that is my right.

Because when I buy crap from there I make sure the item is what it states.

The auction wasn't any different than any other auctions I've paid for EXCEPT:

This auction posted different pics of the cards that I ACTUALLY RECIEVED...and was never stated in the auction.

HELL, the dang auctions listed most of them as MINT CONDITION.

I'm 34 and have collected for years. Mostly vintage stuff, but still have a knowledge base of what's legit and what's not.

I think I would know the difference between what I actually thought I paid for compared to what was actually sent to me.

I wish I could copy and paste the sellers response. After I called him out on it...simply a classic case of someone trying to pull one over on another

This hobby is so shaddy at times and people are out to make a quick easy dollar no matter the situation.

Some steal cards
Some kill for cards
Some list fake a$& auctions.

I told myself awhile back after totally get screwed out of a raw 69 Mantle that ended up trading and came back a BVG 8... and that is I will never allow myself to get screwed over again if I can help it.

And in this case, I could help it and I prevented myself from getting screwed out of what cards I actually thought I bidded on.

I wasnt looking for BGS 9.5 conditioned inserts or else I would have bought them as such.

I simply bid and bought cards that were totally different than the ones actually pictured..

LOOK, SIMPLE THING HERE IMO, IF THE AUCTION STATED THAT THE CARD YOU ARE BUYING ISN'T THE EXACT ITEM YOU ARE BIDDING ON THEN I WOULD HAVE ASKED BEFORE I EVER EVEN PLACED A BID.

When was the last time you saw an auction that stated ^^^^

C'mon man..I never came on here to look for an argument. I do feel though that this was a learning lesson not only for me but for most.

We all learn something new every day.

Thanks again for who took time to read my rants and threw some comments on here.

RE: Been waiting on this Michael Jordan MAIL DAY....a little UPSET! PLEASE BEWARE!!
I think what Num1MonroeFan is trying to state is that there have been cases where a buyer has stated something exactly, or in a very similar fashion, as you did and eBay "threw" out the case because it was considered extortion. Extortion, and I looked it up on dictionary.com, is simply using one's power to get something. But when I thought about it harder, I am not sure this can be considered extortion.

See, if you knew a person was listing fake/false auctions, or had illegal stuff they were selling, and you wanted money or goods so you wouldn't tell, THAT I would call extortion. However, since you obtained a product for a product (cards for money), and you were going to be sending them back once you received the refund, I'm not sure that can actually be called extortion because in the end you come out back to where you were, not ahead in the situation. However, I'm no lawyer, so I could be wrong in this matter.

I would suggest though, if someone were to do this again, rather than stating that you'll leave negative feedback if they don't do as you say, simply state that if they aren't willing to comply, you're going to open a case. That is normally enough to get things done. Now, whether or not eBay makes you send first, I'm not sure. So that is really all up to you.

As for those people who threaten negative feedback for non-payment, that may have been in the past and they are using an outdated template, but technically all feedback left by a seller is positive. Yes, they can put harsh words in the comments, but it still won't actually calculate as a negative. And I do believe them threatening that is wrong. I'd simply state that if they don't make the payment on time, they are no longer entitled to the goods.

Just my $0.02.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Thanks xtreme...

You are right as I probably should have stated to the seller that I would open a case. I guess my temper got the best of me and really didn't know how to respond at the time, but now that I look back on it, I feel bad about it and I did apologize to the seller as we are ALL GOOD WITH NO HARD FEELINGS.

Thanks again for your time and input on this.