`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This question has always puzzled me......

RE: This question has always puzzled me......
(08-03-2011, 08:02 AM)ripkenfan72 Wrote: Ok I have seen this happen everywhere by many people. Every year players go to other teams or just retire without having the best career ever. My question is....

Why do team collectors automatically want to dump their cards when players leave?

I am a Steelers fan and have many people offer me loads of cards of a player(s) who left my team. Even Steelers fans do this. I just don't understand it. My Steelers collection has a variety of many types of players: rookies who bust (ie Limas Sweed), players I didn't like (Kordell Stewart, lol) and players who haven't played for a season or two (Willie Parker). I still love these cards due to they were a Steeler and did contribute to the Steelers success. Therefore, I will not just dump their cards. I am not busting on anyone, I would just like opinions on this.

I don't get it either. I put a lot of time and money into collecting those cards. I would never just dump them. I mean, I have more James Hardy's, J.P. Losman's, and Trent Edwards than I know what to do with. But it has never crossed my mind to get rid of them. In fact, I still collect them now because they come cheaper than ever.
(08-03-2011, 10:09 PM)pbobo44 Wrote: Once a card goes into my Panthers PC it stays. From Dwayne Jarrett & Rae Carruth to Steve Smith & John Kasay, it does not matter...they stay.

What gets me is the people who decide to collect all of the previous cards of a player after he joins their team. The Panthers just signed Jeremy Shockey, but I have no interest in his cards from his Saints or Giant years.

That's just my 2 cents.

Exactly! If they are in a Bills uniform or in their college uni and the Bills drafted him, I'm in. I love the fact that the Bills have Fitzpatrick and Merriman, but I have zero interest in their previous cards.
[Image: GoBills.jpg]

Thanks KKG for the sweet banner!

Collecting all Bills. Also trying to complete rookie sets from Topps Mayo 08 and 09 and 1999 SP Authentic Player's Ink Green Signatures. And any and all Scott Chandler's.

Messages In This Thread
RE: This question has always puzzled me...... - by gobills2010 - 08-04-2011, 06:36 AM