IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
1997 Finest<br />
I have scanned three variations of 1997 Finest cards.<br />
I have 5 variations of the 1997 Finest Gold cards, the base card with protective peel 1:24, the parallel Gold Refractor with peel 1:288. They do not have atomic finishes, they are not diecut, I have not scanned them.<br />
There are three other versions of all the Golds, I have scanned 3 different players, #338 Jim Druckenmiller, #340 Brett Favre &amp; #346 Jeff Blake.<br />
<br />
The first Favre card is listed in Beckett, the Embossed parallel 1:96, all Gold Embossed cards are diecut.<br />
The third Favre card is the listed Embossed Refractor parallel, 1:1152, yes one thousand one hundred and fifty two packs, not a typo, all Gold Embossed Refractor cards are supposed to be diecut. There are 25 Gold cards in series I, 25 in series II.<br />
The middle card is unlisted in Beckett, it has the atomic refractor effect of the Embossed Refractor but it is not embossed and it is not diecut.<br />
I first started seeing them appear around 2000, some dealers had all 50 Gold non embossed non diecuts, one dealer on Beckett was selling 3 of each card. Is this an official card or was it surplus stock that was released by Topps?? Is Beckett going to recognize the non embossed non diecut parallel.<br />
<br />
Why did I chose those 3 players??<br />
I have all 350 1997 Finest base cards, all 350 base refractor cards, all 100 Silver Embossed, all 100 Silver Embossed Refractors, all 50 Gold Embossed, all 50 Gold Non Embossed Non diecut.<br />
I selected the Brett Favre three cards for reference.<br />
I have been trying since Thanksgiving 2000 to complete the Gold Embossed Refractor set, I have 48 of them, I am still trying to find the Jim Druckenmiller (once worth $200) and Jeff Blake to finish the set. Can anybody help me on why these cards are not listed, also help me to locate one or both of the cards, I want to complete this set. <br />
[Image: 1997Finest.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett - by GINGE01 - 03-08-2010, 09:34 AM