`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Latest in Hobby Shenanigans - Shipping Without Toploaders!

RE: The Latest in Hobby Shenanigans - Shipping Without Toploaders!
(05-26-2021, 07:40 AM)jmhorn Wrote: Best Practices:
  • Bubble Envelope
  • Penny Sleeve, Toploader, AND Team Bag
  • Masking tape over the top of a Toploader (better yet, Post-It over top held down with masking tape on non-sticky end)
  • Slightly oversized Toploader
  • Surround properly secured cards (above best practices) with cardboard before placing them in a bubble envelope (or box)
  • Surround properly secured cards (above best practices) with Packing paper or bubblewrap if packed in a box
  • First Class Mail (includes tracking)
Not Best Practices (or Shenanigans):
  • Plain White Envelope (PWE)
  • No penny sleeve, Toploader, or Team Bag
  • Scotch tape or Packing tape ANYWHERE inside the packaging (box or bubble envelope)
  • Wrapping (or "protecting") card with a paper towel
  • Postage without tracking or insurance
Feel free to agree/disagree, or add to this.

Anytime I send out a card it's always in a penny sleeve, top loader that fits the thickness of the card, and a team bag.  Before I knew team bags were a thing I'd wrap a piece of paper around the top loader.  Then into a small rigid bubble mailer and off it went. 

While the cardboard aspect in the pic above is of no concern, I do agree that the tape should not have been applied like that.  Only thing I put tape on is the bubble mailer around all the edges of the package and over every part of the mailing label.  Tape, regardless of type, has no business near a card IMO.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Latest in Hobby Shenanigans - Shipping Without Toploaders! - by ricelynnevans75 - 05-27-2021, 05:44 PM