`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGS Graded Jordan Rookie, Can it be fake?

BGS Graded Jordan Rookie, Can it be fake?
I troll Craigslist to find great deals on either ungraded cards at great prices or buying already PSA or BGS graded cards that I can verify the cert number on. I recently found a Jordan rookie (I know the most faked card out there) for 2k. It's graded at a BGS 9.5 and the cert number checks out. But here are some of the flags:

1. Seller supposedly lives in the same city but won't meet so I can see the card
2. Will only go through Paypal. (not the worse thing as there's buyer protection)
3. Phone number is from a different city
4. Email address has a different name than the name on the listing
5. The exact same listing with the same pictures and cert number is on a listing on CL several hundred miles away

The seller of course tells me it's not a fake card but it seems hard to believe with all of these weird details and he hasn't really responded to or defended any of the weirdness. I've bought a great 1993 SP Jeter ungraded for $200 on CL that graded at a PSA 9 and I've also bought a reprint once for $200 so I have experience with the good and bad on CL. I think there are a lot of opportunities for investing in cards for my own collection or even reselling them on eBay. Any thoughts on this particular situation or buying cards on CL in general? I'm trying to tread the line of cautious and paranoid. I don't want to not trust anyone on CL as I think there are definitely honest sellers and honest deals to be had out there. Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
BGS Graded Jordan Rookie, Can it be fake? - by Lovamelin - 01-04-2017, 09:08 PM