`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I the a-hole here? Ebay related.

RE: Am I the a-hole here? Ebay related.
(08-13-2015, 10:44 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: I get what your saying but it's incorrect. You can not have the supplier also be the buyer when dealing with an entity other than itself. While I have to "bid" on some jobs it is the exact opposite of an auction format of buying. It's more along the lines of sellers entering listings on Ebay hoping either, A: Their reputation as a business will get them return customers or B: they are competitively priced enough their items will sell.

When I bid on jobs I never want to be the low guy. That sets a standard in some people's minds that that's the way it should be and they begin to expect you always coming in low. Sometimes I'm told I am the high guy but I get the job anyway because they know what they're going to get.

Very true. As a service providing company it's not always best to be the lowest option. I understand what you're saying.

I could see how your question could have offended him but as a seller he needs to jump on your interest. As a seller you cannot get offended if you want to be successful. You're looking for interest, because interest means opportunity to make $$$. I would have given you a number, not my lowest number, but a number because you are interested. Not a smart move to get offended and lose a potential buyer. He didn't even try to make any money and that kills me! O'well, ignorant sellers just means more opportunities for me!

And, as far as your buying methods....keep doing what you feel like you should do. Sellers that get offended don't want to make money and will never be successful. That goes for eBay and life in general. You did nothing wrong! You're a BUYER. The ball is in your court at all times. That's how buying works.
[Image: image.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I the a-hole here? Ebay related. - by Dub24rollin - 08-13-2015, 06:55 PM