`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Feelings on buying Press Pass products?

RE: Feelings on buying Press Pass products?
There were redemptions for a couple of Tony Stewart Auto cards (low numbered, like out of /10 and /5) listed on eBay...I don't remember which product they were from...I thought it was Total Memorabilia...

So. my take is this:

2014 Five Star is going to collect dust for a long time on a lot of shelves, redemptions or not. At $550 or so a box, I just can't pull the trigger, as much as I want to pull a Jumbo Patch Booklet Auto 1/1, but maybe at $200 a box? Maybe...but if there are redemptions, I'll pass.

Now, Showcase, at $80 a box...I like the cards, but that is already a risky break, even at that price point, and if there are redemptions in it...I'll buy singles, I guess.

If Press Pass comes back after closing the doors, I will be shocked...they could have filed for Bankruptcy Protection, so it wasn't exactly that...there must not have been any margin left, regardless of what they did, to continue to operate. It's a dog business if the volume is not there versus the cost of design and manufacturing and distribution and licensing.

I haven't seen much on the interview front since the early January news item.

So, tell me this...why wouldn't NASCAR just hire a couple of those creative guys that worked at Press Pass and put out there own product? Why does it need to be ahrid party? They already market their own product better than anyone else, and if was/is an officially licensed NASCAR product/item, it would create a larger groundswell from the NASCAR fan base...

If I were a marketing guy, that's what I would do, but i guess there is no money to be made from just sitting there and selling the licensing, so when there is actual work involved, it's a loser idea...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Feelings on buying Press Pass products? - by dunnere - 01-30-2015, 09:50 AM