`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
no more pre 2001 pricing in baseball Beckett

RE: no more pre 2001 pricing in baseball Beckett
I haven't bought a Beckett magazine in over a decade. The magazine price kept going up for each individual sport and the card list kept getting smaller. I actively collect 3 sports and so I would have to buy single issues or subscribe to MLB, NFL, and the one that includes Racing. Even then, I still wouldn't have values for any of the NBA/NHL/non-sports cards that I have in my collection. In some situations, I want a good printed magazine, but Beckett doesn't fall into that situation. I really don't care about most of the articles now and didn't care about them 10 years ago. I love having the 'Total Access OPG' b/c it gives me every bit of info I need about nearly ANY card I own.
I dropped the SI and ESPN magazines years ago b/c the articles were either too dated by the time they got to my mailbox or too much info about stuff I didn't want to read about, plus the price on them went up too. I have to add that I am NOT a digital-age junkie. I do not even own a cell-phone/smartphone (and never have).

I refused to re-new my subscription to 'Entertainment Weekly' b/c they dropped all of the charts that listed Movie Box-Office stats, TV Ratings, Album Sales, Book Sales, etc. AND raised the yearly price. They added a new page recently called 'Chart Attack' that covers all of that, so I wasn't the only one complaining about it. They are still sending me issues 2 months after my subscription expired.

On the opposite side of this, I still subscribe to Astronomy Magazine. Even though some of their info is old news by the time it is published in the magazine, the monthly info about what to look at in the sky (and when) is what I want to read about. That is my bathroom reading material! Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: no more pre 2001 pricing in baseball Beckett - by spazmatastic - 10-03-2014, 12:33 AM